Chapter 8

Marinette's POV

I walked down to the kitchen to see my parents with.....suitcases. 

Huh?

"You guys called me?" My mother nodded. "Yes. We have won 2 tickets to a baking competition in Canada and we accepted." "Yes, we will be gone for 2 weeks. We need you to keep the bakery in tip top shape. If not.... you know what is coming. We expect at least 30 new customers cause' you keep track of all the faces that come in." I smiled and straightened up. "Yes, Papa. I won't let you guys down." My mother gave a slight smile. "Thank you, Marinette. We have a plane to catch. Bye." They grabbed their cases and went out the door. 

I ran to my room and jumped on my chaise. I squealed and saw Chat looking perplexed. "Nothing. I am just incredibly happy." He rolled his eyes. "No shit sherlock." I fake gasped. " That is no way to talk to a woman. I am shocked." I giggled and he patted my bed. "Sit here." I climbed up my ladder and sat. 

"Good, now tell me what you meant with what you said while you were crying." I blinked and stared at him. I bit my lip and took a deep breath. "That......... is kinda personal." He nodded seeming to understand. "Okay. Tell me when you are ready." I smiled. I think it was a real smile cause' he looked a bit happier. "Well, I need to report that you have been found and find Ladybug. See ya... tomorrow, Princess." 

I watched him leap out of my room and into the dark night. I sighed. He was going to try and find me when, he was just talking to Ladybug. I chuckled and transformed. I leaped out and to the Eiffel tower. I sat down and looked at Paris. It was a beautiful city. 

I though about everything that goes on in my life and counted the things that are done to me for no reason. "I am abused by my parents, get shoved around at school, beat at school, destroyed confidence, and you know I act like a fool sometimes." I was to busy in my thought I didn't notice Chat was right net to me.  "M,lady, do all those things really happen to you?" I jumped and looked at him and stood up. 

"If I told you they were, would you hate me too?" 

Chat's POV

I listened to the things Ladybug was listing wondering if she would notice me. I felt a crack in my heart at each listing. "M'Lady, do all those things really happen to you?" She jumped and looked at me and stood up. "If, I told you they were would you hate me too?" She had a sad pleading tone of voice. My heart shattered more than, I thought it could ever. "Bugaboo, you know the answer." I heard her sniffle and she rubbed her arm. 

I put a hand on her shoulder and she pulled me into a hug. Am I like a comfort toy for girls or something? I know I am hot but honestly? I shook my head and rubbed her back. She pulled away and I sat down. I patted the spot next to me but, she sat in my lap. 

I felt heat rise to my face and I felt her kiss my cheek. "Thank you, Chaton." I nodded and she put her head on my chest. I soon heard soft snores coming from her. I smiled and it quickly disappeared when, I heard a beeping come from her earrings. I don't know where she leaves. Fuck. I shook her gently and another beep came from her earrings. 1 minute. 

She stirred a bit and her eyes opened a bit. "What?" "You have less than one minute before you detransform." Her eyes shot open and she scrambled up. "Got to go. Bye Chat. See ya whenever." She turned around and a pink light surrounded her. 

In front of me was now standing Marinette.