22 ‣ super expert

"Good morning, Sunshine." Jungkook greets you as you drag your feet into the kitchen some thirty minutes past nine in the morning. The grogginess still hasn't completely left you, puffy eyes glaring over at the crisp young man who's finishing up cleaning last night's mess. "Sleep well?" He asks casually, tying up the big white trash bag and completing the front office's security deposit requirements. You want to feel guilty for sleeping through it, but you can't right now.

Give it ten more minutes. "You could say that." Your voice is raspy and cold, calling you out for not even clearing your throat to give it some sort of warm-up. Jungkook places the bag on the floor next to the island, hopping up on its counter the same way you had during your fun little moment a couple of hours ago. He knows what he's doing, but you choose to pretend you don't know he knows. "How long have you been awake?" You ask, rubbing your puffy eyes.

"A while." Jungkook answers, watching as you make your way to the last three water bottles placed neatly on the dining table. You wouldn't say you're hungover, but you do feel the grasp of dehydration taking hold of your body. "I woke up around six, but you were knocked out cold and I didn't want to be the one to drag you out of that." Jungkook adds, thinking back to the pretty sight of you under the small sliver of moonlight peeking through the curtains.

"How kind." You practically drink half a bottle in a single gulp.

"Ready to go back or should we spend another night here and see where it leads us?" Jungkook asks cheekily, catching your glance back at him just in time to see you squint your eyes. Suddenly, you're back on the counter and your hands vividly remember the feel of his hair between your fingers. A hot flush creeps up the back of your neck, so you turn away before you can remember anything more scandalous. Jungkook sighs and hops back down to his feet. "Sooo, the latter?"

"Can you only get it up at night or what?" You drown out the embarrassment with the only weapon effective enough to work on him. Except you're avoiding him more than you should.

"You wanna go back upstairs and see for yourself?" Jungkook pops up right next to you, looking down into your eyes with a depth that almost convinces you to say yes. If there were a number hovering over your head that pertained to how many times your heart beats per minute, he'd be the proudest man on earth. His tone had caught you off guard; it had no trace of the humor present in his last question. The question was intimidatingly genuine. Unmistakably.

You force a smirk. Force the playfulness back into the mere inches that separate you. "See you in the car." You step away first, kicking down every urge you have to give in and finish what you started yesterday. Jungkook actually makes it to the car well before you do, with all his stuff in order too. He gets on you for 'taking so long,' but you brush him off and tell him to hurry the hell up because you have a lot of homework that needs to get done by tonight, no later.

He thinks that's a great idea, so he proposes a study sesh. At your place, of course. "We have a leftover box, might as well." Jungkook raises his eyebrows with a tilt of his head. Your lips press into a flat line, but you know damn well you'd much rather be a little tipsy for this, so the extra box might as well be a sign from the universe. "We're doing it." Jungkook focuses back on the road, mind made up with no chance of being changed. You try to argue but he's not having any of it.

Truthfully, you don't mind the idea. You tell yourself it's just homework and hanging out a little longer, but sincerely, you like the idea of potential opportunity. You just won't say it. "Whatever." You look out the window as he raises the volume rather high on the song that plays. You don't remember, but it's the song that was playing in the background when you first met. You wouldn't remember a detail so small, a simple mention, a quick mumble about liking it. But he does.