2 ‣ better score

"Alright class, the scores are up." Mr. Johnson says, motioning over towards the spot on the wall where several papers are stapled up in a very organized matter. The test was two days ago, but they were two days that passed so agonizingly slow. It's usual for you to feel like shit post-exam, but this time it was way worse. "Please don't trample people. You're in college, remember." Mr. Johnson adds as people get up.

You immediately get up, too, and like everybody else you move so fast you practically run over towards the results, trying to beat the sixty other people also trying to see their score before it officially goes into the system. Not that it really even matters since those grades rarely ever change when getting put into the computer. Johnson is strict like that.

"What the fuck?!"

"I got a fucking fifty-two?"

"What'd you get?"

"Oh my God!"

"I got a ninety!"

You nervously scan the paper for your student number, eyes darting all over the place, finally finding it where it usually is. That's a good sign. A great sign! If the organization is based on score then this is great news! Once you see the other numbers next to it, the numbers that actually matter, you sigh with a relief you can only feel in a situation like this. It's a smile no one can wipe off your face.

Thank God!

"What'd you get?" Jungkook asks with your name name attached to the question mark just as you notice he's been standing right next to you looking for his own student number this entire time.

"Fuck, you scared me.." You jump a little. He laughs at your curse, always finding it curious how much he likes hearing stuff like that come out of your mouth. Words like that just sound so much better in your voice. "Uh—I got a ninety-six." You glance over and answer his question, squeezing out of the crazy number-mumbling crowd alongside him. "And you?"

"No way." He pauses, causing you to stop as well and look back at him. What's his deal? He just stands there, pretty brown eyes looking straight at you while your face just sinks deeper into confusion. A huge grin appears on his face the more your eyebrows furrow at him. "I got a ninety-eight." He follows proudly.

"A what?!" You widen your eyes, unbelievingly. "Hold up,"

"Did I just—? Did I just outscore my own tutor, the one who helped me with this very content?" Jungkook asks arrogantly, in a playful tone. "Wait, woah, I think I did."

"What? Wait," You stammer, puffing out a small, airy laugh as you still can't fully believe Jungkook did better than you on an exam for once. "Are you messing with me?" You follow up. "Are you serious."

"I'm serious." Jungkook nods, smiling charmingly. "Big nine eight, right next to my name over there on that paper." He empathizes while he points back.

"Damn.." you mutter under your breath, looking up to see him grinning at you, very amused. "Well," you shrug, "congrats!" You say, just accepting the fact that he knows vocabulary slightly better than you do. "That's great. Studying really paid off for you. That means I'm an exceptional teacher."

"I guess." He smiles, walking you over to your seat. "I'm going to study with you for every exam now. I could use a ninety-eight on all of those for the rest of the year."

"You guess? If studying with me made you score two points shy of a hundred on a test where no one got a hundred, I would say I'm most definitely an exceptional teacher. Or at least an exceptional person to study with." You say playfully, watching Mya slowly approach you guys. "But sure, we can study together for the next exams. Now that you're two percent smarter, maybe you could teach me some things."