4 ‣ twenty minutes

"So, you're not going?" Rafael asks through your phone, for some reason sounding a little surprised. You called him in hopes that he'd make you feel better about not going, but this is yet another unpleasant surprise. Then again, he's always telling you to be more fun. "What the fuck? Why not?" He grills you.

"Rafa, seriously. I won't even have fun, I know I won't. Since when am I the type of person to go to a party like this?" You answer his question with another question, hoping it'd help him answer his. "I wouldn't even know what to do."

"Who the fuck cares what type of person you are? That 'type' doesn't put you in a box, there's no set rules. You can be any 'type' you want to be, so be the party type today!" Rafael answers, persistently. He's always trying to encourage you to get out and do stuff but you never listen.

"I don't know what that means." You lie, hoping to just shrug his words away. You know there's sense in them, you just don't really want to find it. These types of functions simply intimidate you. You've never been one to know how to let yourself loose like that, you've never done it.

"Yes you fucking do." Rafael's tone tells you he doesn't buy your lie one bit. He knows you're much too smart to know know what he meant. "Why are you so scared of this party, huh?" He asks, practically reading your mind through the line.

"'Scared' wouldn't be the word I'd use," You start, sighing as you know he's beginning to get to you like he always does. Except this time he might actually do it. You know very well you don't want to let him, though. "I just don't want to go. Simple." You shrug.

"Jaebyung invited you. Jungkook wants you to go with him. What the fuck is making you not wanna go?" Rafael asks, confused as to why he hasn't found the answer himself. "Like?? Are you dumb? Have your fun, Sweetheart!"

"What do they have to do with anything?" You ask, furrowing your brows at the sudden mention of both names. "Am I supposed to want to go just because they want me there? Am I their toy?"

"No, that's not what I was trying to—" Rafael stammers a bit, sighing and shaking his head. "Look, I care about you. I just want you to be happy and have fun. There's nothing wrong with going to a party and letting loose once in a while."

"I know. I appreciate you wanting me to have some fun, but college parties just don't seem that fun to me." You explain, softening up your tone. "I don't wanna go to Jaebyung's party, I don't care if he wants me there or if Jungkook wanted me to go with him. I don't want to go."

— • —

Today, 5:45 PM

dumbkook
hey

dumbkook
are you going?

4:27 PM

you
I don't think so

you
Sorry

dumbkook
wtf why?? dei you gotta be
kidding rn

you
I'm gonna feel stupid.

you
I don't even know what
to wear.

dumbkook
i'll be there with you don't
worry!

dumbkook
you want me to help you
choose an outfit?