Chapter Eight: Inside Jabu Jabu's Belly

Sadly, by morning, Link couldn't stay. He had to keep to the task set by the Princesses Zelda and Reyna and find the last Spiritual Stone. He remembers back in the Bottom of the Well when Reyna appeared. She said the last stone is located up the river and by the waterfall, so that's exactly where Link is going.

The girls, Peyton, Naomi, Valerie, Carol, and Malon, really wanted to accompany Link up the river, but the adults turned down the suggestion in an instant. They all needed time to recover from what happened the previous day, so it makes sense as to why none of their parents let them go to the realm of the Zoras. Link was disappointed at first, but had to wrangle his courage and step out of the village with his only company being Navi.

The first thing that went through Link's head was how much of a maze the river was. Well, maybe not a maze, but more of an obstacle course. Link has to jump across the river multiple times and hop across ledges. At some points, he needs to snag a nearby cucco to glide over bigger gaps. The only other person who seems to have known what they were doing is the Magic Beans Guy.

He had a... weird personality. He tried to sell Link some magic beans that he was munching on, but Link refused after saying he was in a hurry. Munch, munch, munch, "You sure you don't want some magic beans? They aren't selling very well... only ten Rupees!"

"No, sorry! I have to reach the top of the river. It's urgent!" Link scratches the back of his head with a forced smile across his face. He backs away slowly and starts walking away before he could be offered something else by the strange man.

After jumping over more gaps and getting his brown boots soaked to the rim, Link finally reaches the giant waterfall at the start of the river. There is a platform on the ground that has the Triforce symbol on it. Link pulls out his Ocarina and plays the Princess' Lullaby. Right across from him, the middle of the waterfall opens up and reveals a tunnel. Link hops into it and enters Zora's Domain.

It really is a beautiful sight to see. Unlike Goron City, this place has more elegance and isn't attempting to boil Link alive. There is a giant pool of water in the center, the liquid itself being so clear that Link can see straight to the bottom. The stone path makes an echoing sound as he walks along it. There is a huge waterfall spilling into the pool on his left as the path branches to the right. Also in the water are these blue and white fish people. They are all way taller than Link and have fins on their arms along with gills on their necks.

"Excuse me..." Link walks up to a tall fish lady and looks down, putting his hands behind his back. "Uh, do you know where I could find the Spiritual Stone that's here?"

Link knows that question was pretty idiotic, but what else was he supposed to say? He becomes relieved when the lady smiles, kneeling down to his height and points to the staircase a bit further down. "I'm not sure about any Spiritual Stone, but King Zora should be able to help you."

The Kokiri child smiles and thanks the Zora before heading up the stairs and into the throne room. It's really pretty with sparking water on the floor and a small platform in the center. King Zora, who just looks like a plump fish with a red robe on, sits in the middle of the tall platform on the far wall. Link walks up to the smaller platform in the middle of the room and introduces himself, "Hello, King Zora, my name is Link and I'm from Kokiri Forest. I was wondering if-"

"Oh, a Hylian child? Please, come back some other time. My daughter is missing and I am very busy at the moment." The king's voice is deep and drawn out to sound like he's trying not to start sobbing.

Frustrated, Link exits the throne room to the left. His daughter is missing? Of course she is. Link just needs the last stone so that he can help save the world, nothing too concerning. Why can nothing just be simple and easy? "Excuse me, but what are you doing up here?"