Volume 2, Chapter 14: Demon's Feast, Part 1

"Oh, by the way..."

I asked, recalling something while I walked through the hallway.

"Do you all know how [He] is doing?"

At my question, the demons walking behind me all winced together.

... Eh? Hold on. What's with that reaction?

"......"

Nobody said anything. As the [Girls] all had delicate expressions on their faces, the only [Boy] representative, Noa, spoke on their behalf. It's hard to be the boy.

"... After Lor-...Yurushia-sama went to this side, He flew into a rage and it all turned into a disaster, everything remotely nearby got destroyed, and we were only barely able to escape with our lives..."

"... Di-, did that really happen."

After losing your pet, you freely rampaged about... I-, I'm definitely not at fault...

"Such a thing doesn't matter, Yurushia-sama."

Saying such a tragic incident in the demon world was "Such a thing", it seems my carefree tone was transferred to you all.

Looking in her eyes closely, I knew that she and I would get along; she really seemed like a fused [Ninette].

"What's wrong?"

"Umm, take a look at this."

[Ninette] showed me her magic sword... what's this, instead of its previous luster and shine, the sword has become corroded and worn out.

"Why did it become like this..."

"I just used it normally~."

I pick up the corroded sword grip and bring it to eye level, examining it closely with my fingers.

... *Pokin*

" "...Ah " "

It snapped. I didn't think I pushed too hard.

"It's alright. This isn't a problem."

"...Eh?"

Noa broke into the conversation with words that felt vaguely familiar as he picked up the pieces of the broken blade. I thought that I was sure that most of the children's selves were lost in the fusion, but it seems like something strange was left... But.

"Nia, bring out the [Soul] you absorbed a while ago."

"Yes~, brother."

That reminds me, Noa and Nia originally had the [Setting] of brother and sister. After a brief nod, Nia sends something like white mist towards Noa. It seems to be what Nia [Absorbed] a little while ago from the formation.

Noa, who received it, slid his finger across the broken sword...

"I repaired it."

"......"

Fast. Rather, I don't know what the heck you just did there.

Not just that, the [Magic Sword] that previously glittered silver had become pitch black and is sending out resentful moans like "...OOooh... Oooh...," transforming into a vicious [Cursed Sword].

Unlike that [Noah], this one isn't a waste.

With my configuration of them being brother and sister, Nia's [Release] and Noa's [Absorption] had no issues.

"As expected of Brother."

Nia received the sword, whirled around her new [Magic Sword (Possessed)] with a flourish, and the walls that she slashed at rotted away and turned into ruins instantly.