Volume 2, Chapter 7: A Six-Year-Old's Magnificent Daily Life, Part 1

I recently turned six-years-old.

I no longer ride in the laps of men other than Father. Ah... Grandfather is watching.

My sixth birthday was not especially unusual.

Held at the castle, Grandfather was sobbing in front of Elea-sama and Grandmother, how embarrassing.

During my debut in the Touru territory, a foolish noble tried to have me engaged to his idiot son, Otsu-san, Vio and Sarah-chan enclosed me and had an aura of [Intimidation] about them.

Timothy-kun was walking in step beside me.

Holding a bouquet of lilies under his arm, he watched Rick who was struggling with it with a lukewarm look.

Shelly was super soft and fluffy.

Sadly, my Elder Sisters never came back, it seems they were scared of me like I was a ghost that rattled their window in the middle of the night.

Honestly, it was a happy birthday party with no problems.

***

"Yuru... is it seriously okay if me and Vio don't come...?"

"Yeah... I'll do my best, Mother."

Worrying until just before leaving, our departure is seen off by Mother and Granny.

"Bree-chan, at your leisure."

"Yes, let's go, Princess-sama."

I was heading towards the inspection of the local provinces, as I promised Father I would.

Of course, I wasn't alone, since Sarah-chan nominated another 15 escort knights to act as my guards.

Bree-chan, or Bridget, was my escort knight captain, who dedicated her sword along with Sarah-chan in the castle; it's the nosebleed knight from back then.

Sarah-chan was assuming the [Female] role; Bree-chan was the [Male]. Sometimes, they'd suddenly break out into dance. Scary.

Mother is worried since I'll be out of Vio and Auntie's reach, so I had to take care. Nothing can be done about it. Not unless they abandon Mother.

So this is it, my role as the [Duke's Daughter] at last, my [Subordinates], I'll need to make sure to use them properly.

To say in another way, these four apprentice servants are my companions this time.

Why is a demon like me feeling stomach pains...?

" " " " ... ... ... " " " "

There is no conversation.

In a large carriage, together with the other four, there's no conversation since I didn't speak up first.

"Look at the forest."

Fontaine who can't read the mood is looking out the window, while the others have no reaction, Christina is reading a book, Noah is fiddling around with a pocket watch, and Ninette is grinning at her sword.

Everyone is so free...

But, as a member of middle management, it's not good for this to continue.

The guard in training Ninette...... might be the easiest to talk to.

"Ninette, is this sword your favorite?"

" ... Eh? Ah, ye-s. This sword is from the amazing weapons shop all the way in the Royal Capital, and even then I could only acquire it when I placed an order in the name of the duke."