Volume 2, Chapter 4: I am now Five Years Old: Part II

That night, in the Holy Kingdom Tatarudo's capital city, His Majesty, the King's doted upon granddaughter, Duke Verusenia's daughter, Yurushia la Verusenia, was about to celebrate her fifth birthday.

Known as an [Debut], the amount of people attending was said to be well in excess of 1200 people.

It was unusual for the birthday party of a duke's daughter to be held in the royal castle, but even more unusual was how many attendees signed up to participate on their own. Everyone was trying to see the [Princess] from the [Rumor].

Since the situation was as such, the amount of people who were there genuinely to celebrate Yurushia's birthday were few.

After all, the rumor had evolved into [The captivating beautiful golden princess of the royal family]. [The saint who healed countless wounded children in mind and body]. [The one who used the most sacred heavenly magic of angels]... they wanted to ascertain the reality of the [Rumors], as it was outrageous that a five year old would be able to do all of that.

She is being visited by not only the state religion of Kostoru, but be various other denominations as well.

The rumored title of [Saint]. Each sect of the head temple has come to confirm this, and should she be a pretender, she will face condemnation from their sect, no matter how well advertised.

For that matter, even if the [Rumor] proved not to be true, to gain the favor of the royal family's favorite, or propose deals with the wealthy Duke Verusenia, there was no loss in coming.

But those thoughts were soon laid to rest.

Appearing in the entrance as the music changed, the two princes escorted someone who seemed to be the [Princess]. The faces of the guests froze upon seeing her.

It may have been a primal [Fear].

She was a cold beauty that looked as though the gods themselves had made a doll

Her hair, like golden thread, seemed to shine with a faint light by itself.

Silky smooth skin with a lustrously fair complexion that resembled porcelain.

If she was a human, we aren't worthy to call ourselves [Human], they all thought.

Such a presence that caused such fear, like a curse, was lifted as she gave a small smile.

'Thank God... She is a [Human]... We're humans as well.'

There were some who shed tears of relief.

Everyone knew that this girl was the [Princess] of this Holy Kingdom.

All but one person, who was feeling deeply suspicious...

That was dangerous... I overdid the [Intimidation] in that opening.

It seemed... before entering the venue, I caught the [Scent] of negative [Emotions] drifting all around.

A weak demon like me, there's no way that I was scared and brought out my [Intimidation], right?

But as expected, everyone looks so scared, so I tried to be deceptive and put on a fake smile in a hurry. Yup.

"... Yurushia."

"... Eh?"

"Are you scared...? Your hands are trembling."

Rick is looking at me with an anxious look in his eyes.

I... I've been holding Rick's hand this whole time. Rick was silent while holding my hand up till now. My palm is drenched with sweat... I'm sorry, Rick... I know it probably feels gross.