Volume 2, Chapter 8: A Six-Year-Old's Magnificent Daily Life, Part 2

Author's note: The third person part is longer than I thought.

I went out into the town with Noel and Bree-chan.

I asked Sarah-chan to watch over those four. Why? It's because I'm worried, you know? About the Ducal assets.

"This... do I look weird?"

Since my normal appearance makes people think of that shameful rumor, I'm only wearing a dress at the level of a merchant's daughter going into town.

It's a flawless disguise once I put on this cap... My powers of perception scare me sometimes.

"It matches very well, Prin-, Young Lady."

Bree-chan... you almost called me [Princess-sama], didn't you.

"... Cute... Saint-sama"

You're the cute one, Noel-kun.

The destructive power of a cute boy squirming in embarrassment is inconceivable.

"Noel... Don't call me Saint-sama. Just use my name, okay?"

"But... to call you by only your name is ..."

How rigid... Do you want to call me Saint-sama that much? Well, it might be a longing for his savior, his... [Saint-sama].

I can feel the itch of his willingness to worship me, though it makes me feel lonely that he can only see [Me] as a [Saint].

Since I have so few acquaintances, I wanted to become friends with him.

Hmm? Could it be that he doesn't know my name or something? ~Uwaa~, am I being overly self-conscious?

"Umm... Call me Yurushia. No need to use an honorific."

"Such a thing, it's impossible. To call Saint-sama without an honorific..."

Noel... how stubborn. Rather, should I command him? No, that'd be unpleasant like ordering a servant around.

"Exactly, at least call her Princess Yuru-sama."

Bree-chan...

"Bridget."

"Yes!"

"If you call me "Princess" one more time, you will have to move 20 steps away from me and stay there."

"... Yes...."

Will she even listen to that order? I don't know why, but this child seems to be pleased when I coldly order her around... Sarah-chan.

But, since Bree-chan can't stop calling me [Princess Yuru], it may be impossible for Noel to just call me [Yuru]... Another nickname, huh.

"Hey, Noel."

"Y-yes."

I pull the hem of my dress in a theatrical gesture.

"Today, I am the local girl [Lucia]. Since Noel is the friend of [This Girl], it's strange for you to call me in such a reserved way." (App note: Yurushia-> Rushia-> Engrish it up into Lucia)

Right? ... I made sure to put on a gentle smile.

Are the instructions too little? Or is it the setting? Did I apply too much pressure?

" " ... ... " "

The two of us stared pointedly at each other in silence... ...

"... Lucia..."

"... Yes."

I've done it, I've finally done it. Calling me without [Yuru] is just one step away from a cute nickname.