Volume 1 ; Chapter 3: I became a human

This is bad.... Lately, that's been all I had been saying to myself.

Not out loud of course. I couldn't make any words in the first place. I gave a go at using my voice, however,

"...Uh~, ah~"

That was how I sounded. It was nothing to be confused about though. Right now I am a [Human] baby that still hasn't even grown any teeth, and can't even coordinate my tongue and mouth properly.

"My! How adorable. Yuru-sama, what ever is the matter?"

Upon hearing me making a sound, a woman wearing a maid uniform came over and cooed over me with a remarkably tender expression.

Well, babies were cute after all.... But you know, even if you ask a baby such questions, there's no way it could answer.

Still, [Yuru-sama]....I was aware that the nickname [Yuru] came from my name Yurushia, but as a demon, I can't help but feel more of a connection to my established [Name].

Well, that's fine. It isn't great, but I'll endure.

But the nickname Yuru reminded me of something. It made me think of a [Mascot] that gave off a loose impression.

Now then.... Two months have passed since the time I was born, and I've noticed some things.

It appears that I, Yurushia, was born to a rather splendid household.

The ceiling of my room that I saw every day was adorned with ornaments, and the several maids in waiting were all beauties.

Being addressed as [Yuru-sama] by one of those beautiful ladies made it clear that I was an ojou-sama.

......Hm? I'm a girl, right? Becoming a little anxious, I rubbed my legs together. I didn't feel anything like that "thing", which was a relief.

At first there was the question of whether I could properly act like a baby... but my mind was influenced by my infant body. When I wasn't focused, I would cry involuntarily or spontaneously cause leakages.

There was also the issue of language. It most likely wasn't english. How exactly was I able to understand this language I hadn't heard of before? It might be a demonic ability.

Thinking back carefully, The dark beast's words had sounded like the growling of a regular animal at first, too.

However, I wanted to learn it if possible.

Being able to understand speech, but not read and write was a pain.

There was also the matter of food. My current staple food was breast milk.

It wasn't very tasty..... Although Mother and two other people who seemed to be wet nurses let me drink their milk, I didn't have much of an appetite.

However, if I drank too little then Mother would worry, so I forced myself to drink. .....It's tough.

Now then, this is the biggest question:

What am I? A human? Or am I a demon...?

The number of humans that I got to see in person amounted to five. Mother, the wet nurse Trufi, and lastly, the three maids who took care of me, Vio, Fer and Min. .....Mm? I felt like I'd heard of those three names before....