the flower exchange • jungkook

JEON JUNGKOOK. hanahkai disease (noun): a deadly illness in which the victim coughs up flower petals from their crush's favorite flower. it ends when the beloved returns their feelings or when the victim dies. it can be cured through surgical removal, but if and when the infection is removed, the victim's romantic feelings for their love also disappear.

OR 

KIM SEOKJIN. y/n loved jungkook, but he didn't love her back and it was evident as she was in the hospital with the hanakai disease. but as time goes on, there has been a realization that there has been someone on the sidelines who has been waiting to have a chance at y/n's heart.

"Baby, you have so much to live for," Y/N's grandma took a seat at her kitchen table with Y/N on the other end fiddling with her thumbs

"Baby, you have so much to live for," Y/N's grandma took a seat at her kitchen table with Y/N on the other end fiddling with her thumbs. "You don't need to define by a man who doesn't love you."

"But, I just don't want to lose him grandma," Y/N puffed her cheeks in frustration as she thought about Jungkook, the only man she has ever loved since she was at a young age.

"Well, tell me this," Y/G/N looked at her granddaughter for the longest time before completing her thought. "What's the point? What's the point of loving a man who doesn't love you back?"

Looking down at the wooden table as she could hear the hissing sound of the beef soup cooking on the stove, Y/N understood what her grandma was coming from, but she was scared to let go of something that was ultimately nowhere to be found.

"Look, baby girl," Y/G/N gave a soft smile that smoothed her tired, wrinkled face. "There's someone who loves you dearly and it is about time that you realize what is in front of you."

"What do you mean?" Y/N frowned at her grandmother as she could only shrug before getting up to stir the meal that she had made for her favorite person in the whole wide world.

"You will see soon enough," Y/G/N hummed as Y/N's eyes started to become bleary, and before she knew it, she was waking up in a hospital bed with monitors attached to her already fragile body.

Feeling the tears sliding from her face to the pillow that held her head, Y/N was hit with so many emotions all at once.

Just hearing the sweet, soothing sound of her grandma's voice and seeing her after thinking she would never see her again was devastating.

Y/N felt her heart clenched at the thought of having her grandma back in her life again, but realizing that it was all just a dream as her grandmother passed away five years ago due to old age.

Not wanting to think about the traumatic experience of loosing someone so important in her life, Y/N wiped the tears away with her cold hands and was brought back into reality. 

Looking at the clock that hung on the pale colored wall in front of her and realizing the night sky outside her window, Y/N could feel her heart quicken at the sudden realization.