neighbor • jimin

PARK JIMIN. doing something for valentine's day was something you did not have planned in your mental calendar this year or the years beforehand. but everything changes when your fine neighbor decided that enough is enough and want to show you how special you are to him.

"That's so sweet, he'll love it," Y/N sighed through the phone as her best friend rambled on and on about her Valentine's surprise for her boyfriend of over three years

The plan was to surprise him with a romantic dinner at one of his favorite restaurants and then give him the gifts that probably cost more than Y/N's apartment and car combined.

"I hope the watch and Versace suit will be enough," Y/BF/N mumbled on the other end, causing the silent girl to smile to herself. Y/N knew that Y/BF/N was overthinking and she wanted to put an end to it.

Her boyfriend's personality screamed fashion so why not buy him a suit from one of the biggest name brands in the world?

"Trust me," Y/N said confidently and half-jokingly. "Taemin will love it."

Hearing the light chuckles coming from her friend since birth, Y/N began flipping through the channels of her television and wishing she had a date as well.

"What are you doing on this special day?" Y/N was suddenly asked, causing her to fiddle with the hem of her pajama shirt. She knew the question was going to come up in the conversation sooner or later, but she knew she would never be prepared to answer it completely.

"I'm going to do what I did last year and the year before that."

"And what is that?" Y/BF/N egged Y/N on.

"Find some romantic drama on Netflix and eat ice-cream until I pass out."

"No Y/N," the other girl groaned as she heard the plans that did not meet up to her expectations. Y/N deserved to have fun and get dicked down for once. She wasn't a grandma just yet. "Do you want me to come over so we can have a girls night? We could go to a club and find you a nice guy or better yet, we could stay in a have a movie marathon."

"A movie marathon and face masks do sound nice right about now," Y/N thought about it, but quickly moved it out of her head when she remembered what today was. "I can't let you do that. That would be selfish of me to take you away from your boyfriend on Valentine's Day."

"Are you sure?" Y/BF/N asked as she was ready to pull the plug from her date and spend the evening with her very much single friend.

"I'm fine," Y/N tried to smile but failed when she realized that she was all alone and no one to care for. She really did feel unattractive and unnoticeable.

"Just go have fun and tell me all about it tomorrow," she finished off wanting to end her misery.

"Alright, love you," Y/BF/N finally said after a while of shared silence between the two women.