tattooed heart • rm

KIM NAMJOON. looking for a job was a concern of yours when you had a child to take care of. but little did you know, love wasn't far off.

pairing(s): kim namjoon x reader

warning(s)/tags: single parent, love, romance, two-sided, tattoos, sexual themes

"This is the place..." Y/N mumbled as she looked up from the crumbled piece of paper and at the sign that read Ink By Design.

Making sure she had the right address, she clicked a button on her key chain, locking the doors of her 2007 Camry, hoping she wouldn't be in there for too long.

It was already one thirty in the afternoon, and it wasn't for long that her child will be running out of her elementary school looking for her mother.

Today was the third Monday of February which means that she had a job interview for the receptionist position at a local, but famous tattoo shop in New York.

Feeling the wind brushing against her clothed back, she said a silent prayer before walking into the place that held her future in its hands. This wasn't her ideal job in the first place, but when she had student loans to pay back and a daughter to feed, it was the best thing that could have happened to her.

She was glad that the ad had popped up in her email the other day and she hoped it'll be her job for the next couple of months.

Hearing the bells jingle on the inside of the door, everyone turned their heads to where she now stood.

Feeling the heat rushing towards her cheeks and the back of her neck, Y/N slid the piece of paper inside her purse and smiled.

Looking around the place that was swarmed with different people and walls covered in art, she cleared her throat as she was greeted by a guy that had a smirk plastered on his lips.

"Welcome to Ink by Design," he cocked a smile while putting his ink covered hands into the front of his jeans. "Are you looking for tattoos, piercings, or a boyfriend by any chance?"

"No, not really," Y/N gave a genuine smile, speaking a little louder than she normally would to the man that stood in front of her. Old school rap was playing loudly on the TV that hung on one of the walls. "I have an appointment with Mr. Namjoon for a job interview."

"You're Y/N," he nodded his head in realization, remembering that the owner of the shop who was also his best friend told him just a few weeks ago that he needed help setting up appointments and bringing in new clientele for the booming business.

Telling the soft-spoken girl to follow him, Y/N smiled and waved to the workers as she passed by.

"My name is Jungkook by the way," he hummed as they walked together, getting further and further from the loud music and chatters that was shared between workers and clients.

"Nice to meet you," Y/N pulled the fallen strap of her purse further onto her arms as they stopped in front of a closed door.

Watching as the now named man knocked on it, the woman beside him couldn't help but feel butterflies in her stomach and dryness forming in her throat. She was nervous, and she hoped it wasn't showing on her face.

"Good luck," Jungkook noticed her uncomfortableness after hearing a male voice from behind the door telling them to come in.

"Thanks," she chuckled nervously, entering the dimly lit room that was too cozy for its kind.

"Yes?" a man with silver hair that fell to his forehead asked as he looked up from the papers that were scattered across his desk.

He was frustrated at what they read, and he wasn't in the mood to talk to no one at this time.

"Hi, my name is Y/N," a girl beside his best friend extended her right arm for him to shake. "I'm here for the job interview."

"You can just call me RM," the good-looking man frowned while engulfing his hands into hers. "Take a seat," he motioned at her, and she gladly took it.

Hearing his door click as they were now by themselves, RM sat back in his chair.

"Why do you want this job?" He asked out of the blue.

"I want and need this job because I don't have any income coming in at the moment and I have a mouth to feed at home," Y/N said truthfully. "I did go to school to become a lawyer, but it does seem like everyone wants to be one and not enough openings to go around."

"I see," RM smiled at the joke, showing off the deep dimples that were imprinted on his smooth cheeks.

Damn, he's fine. Y/N sighed in her head as she took in his appearance and him doing the same for her.

They both thought that the other one looked breathtakingly beautiful, but in sync, they kept their provokingly thoughts about each other to themselves.

"Can I trust you?" He asked after a while of silence and only their minds running wild.

"Of course," Y/N nodded her head truthfully as RM crossed his arms over his chest in thought.

"Then I want you to start tomorrow at eight."

Showing her teeth for the first time in weeks, Y/N gave him a gigantic grin that she could have ever mustered. "Thank you so much."

"I won't let you down," she said at last after he went over more work protocols and what she was going to do for the shop.

"Don't disappoint me," RM responded as he watched Y/N leave, glancing at her backside on her way out.

Shaking his head, he went back to what he was doing beforehand, not realizing he was falling for his newest employee already.

__________________