Chapter 42

Two days later... 

Emma was lost in thought as she, Neal, Killian, and a few servants were down at the docks loading trunks onto the Jolly Roger. The last few days were spent packing everything they would need for their journey from clothes, to weapons and even stocking up on food. As the day to her departure came closer she was mixed with happiness and sadness... 

Happy she would be out at sea again, feeling freer than ever before. But also sad to leave her beloved parents behind who cherished their only child, who wanted nothing more than to make her happy.

Today the Princess decided to visit her Aunt Regina down in the village as promised. Her parents and Regina got along quite well despite their differences...

Regina was a tad more strict and really had no mercy for anyone. She always said if she were queen, her people would obey her and if they broke the law punishment would be applied. No trial, no mercy, nothing.

Queen Snow and King David ruled their Kingdom completely different. Snow believed everyone was good and often saw the best in people, whether they deserved it or not. Prince Charming followed along with his wife, always trusting her judgment. The two believed in a fair trial and would listen to their people. They felt their people had every right to make the rules and punishment was rarely used. To them, the worst punishment imaginable would be exile, which had only been done a handful of times.

Emma, however, thought her parents could be too kind and often found herself caught between Regina and her parent's ruling style. She thought her kingdom had pretty fair laws compared to many other kingdoms she learned about and often thought that if someone broke their leisure laws, punishment should be granted. Nonetheless, the princess often kept her thoughts to herself, not wanting to cause an argument over speculations.

"Swan, I don't see why I have to go with you." Killian's voice interrupted her deep thoughts, "Robin doesn't seem to like that much." he continues as he placed trunks of clothing onto the deck of the Jolly Roger.

"It'll be fine." She smiled, "Robin likes to drink so maybe you two can bond over that." Emma said as she helped.

Neal overheard the conversation as he brought up another trunk from the dock, "I must admit, Regina terrifies me."

The princess laughed at her men, "Would you two stop. They're really not that bad."

"Darling, would it really bother you if we didn't accompany you?" Killian asked as he took a break from gathering their supplies, allowing the servants to do some work.

Emma knew it wasn't a big deal, but she hardly ever traveled alone, "please, for me?" She begged Killian, pulling him closer to her by his jacket.

Not being able to resist his love, he caved, "Alright alright, let's just finish getting everything on board." He said leaving to go gather more supplies.

Neal paused for a moment out of breath from the hot sun, "If he's going then I don't need to go right?"

"No, you're coming too." Emma said without thought.

"Em, Regina terrifies me!" He complained like a baby.

"And your father terrifies me, but I'm still providing you a way home, aren't I?" The princess said with a smirk.

Neal raised his eyebrows in realization, "Point taken." He said before he went to gather the last bit of supplies.

After a long morning of packing everyone was exhausted, but they still managed to get in the carriage and travel to Regina's place in hopes that she would have some cold refreshments. During the ride Neal dozed off while leaning on the side of the carriage, leaving Emma and Killian alone. The princess rested her head on the captain's shoulder, inhaling the fresh smell of salt on his jacket. The only thing missing was the smell of rum on him. Meanwhile, Killian was resting his head back on the seat, feeling oddly exhausted from all the work he had just done.