Soul connection

Shravan lay on Suman's lap clutching her tight around her waist as his breath fanned Suman's lower abdomen setting a tingle down somewhere below. As she shifted a little Shravan clutched harder and Suman smiled down at him as she lifted her fingers running them through his hair. Shravan asked something he was deliberating for quite a little while now "Suman, my father might have been responsible for your bhaiya's death, did it occur to you that you might be doing injustice to him". Suman was not surprised that those thoughts crossed Shravan's mind as he was now on a guilt trip of his own. She said "I cant go blaming all people involved in the trade for Satya Bhai . Whatever happened to him had his doing also as he could not come out of the trap. Did all his friends end up the same way? No, but he did. I cannot ignore the fact that probably he was not so strong. Remember Shravan , for me you are Shravan Malhotra and the person who is our suspect is Devraj Malhotra , two different people, personalities just sharing the name". Shravan then slowly said "I am thinking of dropping the name and becoming Shravan, just Shravan". Suman immediately shot back "Will that take away all the pain that you are feeling now, then do it but if its just to hide from the world then do not do it. Face the world in your stride and I will always walk with you . You are not wrong and will never be wrong. For me you are my Shravan and it does not change if you are Shravan or Shravan Malhotra". Now Shravan buried himself in Suman's lap and cried to his hearts content. He was trying to bottle up his emotions till now but the assurance from Suman made him release all his pent-up feelings. Suman felt tears flowing down her eyes too as she felt Shravan letting his tears drench up her track pants. It was almost midnight when Suman could feel Shravan's chest rising and falling and she could understand that he was fast asleep. She continued to stare at his serene face with the moonlight highlighting his sharp jawline and his long eyelashes which Suman now could admire without being disturbed.

It was early in the morning when Shravan had woken up to find himself sleeping on Suman's lap as she sat awkwardly. He had looked at her for quite a while as the events of the previous day had come rushing back. He was grateful Suman was around to hold him, to pacify him or else he was not sure what he would have done to himself. The sunlight filtered through the white curtains making Suman cover her eyes with her palms as realization dawned on her as to where she was and what she was doing. She was terribly late, and the sun was already halfway over her head. She woke up with a start only to realize that she had a stiff neck. Suman recollected that she was sitting, and her head might have slipped awkwardly and smiled at the fact that Shravan had made her lie properly and stacked some pillows to rest her head. Her object of thought soon appeared at the door and found her trying to fix her neck and he was instantly at her side trying to give a massage. Shravan picked up the first aid box next to his bed and brought out a gel and started applying it but Suman wore a shirt with buttons on the front so he could not apply the gel on her shoulder. Both looked into each other's eyes feeling a little awkward, but Shravan decided to break the silence and said "It will not be ok if we do not apply the gel over till the shoulder. Can you open just the top two buttons and slip your top a little so I can apply the gel". Suman hesitated a little and Shravan eyes fell thinking she did not trust him. He said, "Its ok, you can take this and ask Aarti Akka to apply". He was about to get up when Suman held his hand making him sit as she slowly lifted her fingers to pop out the buttons one by one slowly from the buttonholes. Shravan's throat dried looking at the vision, he could see her alabaster skin smooth like silk as her shirt now dropped a little from her shoulders giving him an ample view of her cleavage and he could feel a pain in his groin thinking of how it would feel when his hands and lips followed the trail of her shirt. He had seen her in much lesser in the jungle, but this feeling was different where she willingly let him have a view of her when he had himself given her a choice to opt out. It took every ounce of fiber in Shravan's body to not kiss her senseless as he with trembling hands applied the gel on her shoulders.