13| Drinking and Dying

Start from the beginning

"I'm here to read?" He replied, in more of a question way. He held up the book from English class.

For a second Tony's confused face didn't alter. Why did he have to read here? How did he even know his address? And then he remembered. That stupid project from the class that wasn't even a project.

"I think I can read a book myself, thanks," he said and went to close the door in his face. The newly (or not so new anymore) brunette held his hand up to the door and blocking it from shutting anymore. Tony tried to push it again with the side of his body, but damn this guy was strong.

"Okay well, I can't. And trust me I've tried," Tony gave up and let go of the door. Steve retreated his hand and the door slowly opened more by itself.

"How did you even get my address?" Tony tried to change the subject away from the door that was still slowly sliding open more. He didn't need the teasing right now. It was still way too early for this. It couldn't be passed one right now.

Steve stepped inside the house without an invite. But then again he showed up without really an invite either. Sure they may have talked about meeting up here once but Tony didn't actually expect him to show up. Even though he did forget all together but still.

Starks house was nice in a creepy haunted mansion sort of way. It had white walls and he swore he'd seen it before. Even though it was fancy and nice it was really open. Not a lot of stuff in it and the white walls made it seem even hollower. Not that Steve was judging his house, it still was really really nice. A lot better than his own.

"Nat texted me it last night," he finally replied as his eyes still searching around the house. Tony for some reason felt self-conscious. Steve was just looking around his home. It wasn't like he was judging him at all. And even if he was why should Tony care? He didn't. It was probably just because he didn't like people really in his house. Why did he offer to do it at his own house again?

And why didn't Nat warn him? Would've been a great heads up to at least say 'hey, I sent Rogers over to your home'.

"Okay... well uh just go sit in the living room or something and I'll be right back. Going to go grab my book," Steve was going to offer just sharing his book but that would've been weird so he kept his mouth shut.

He watched a little while Tony walked up the stairs, but then shook his head and looked away. He has to stop being weird and just be normal for once.

That was hard, especially since he had no idea where the living room was. He walks past about a hundred couches. This definitely wasn't being normal.

Steve decided to stay put in the kitchen and hopped on a barstool at the island. The kitchen wasn't any less fancy and super clean. It all shined and sparkled as if it was never used and looking to be bought. He wondered if his mom cooked dinner.

Sarah, Steves's mom, always cooked dinner and they ate together. Except on Sunday's which was fend for yourself. He was pretty grateful for his parents and home life. Knew that not everyone was as close to their parents as he was. Or mom.

Opening the book, Steve decided he wasn't going to keep checking out the house. Even after reading two pages about a thousand times, he still didn't understand shit. Who decided this was such an important book to read? And why did William have to write it so weirdly?

He heard footsteps and turned his head over his shoulder to look. Tony was now in a band shirt that said "U2" with red angels and tight jeans. Steves heard of the band U2 but never really heard a song of theirs. Wondered if they were good.

He held the book in his right hand and his phone in his left. The bored expression on as usual. Not really a shocker to Steve anymore.

He climbed onto the seat one down from Steve, not wanting to be too close.