11| Thursdays and Threatens

Dont forget to vote and comment :)

-

Thursday was an eventful day for Steve. He woke up with a slight headache that didn't go away for hours. To make that better when he got into his car, he was almost out of gas.

On the way to school Steve stopped at the gas station. There was a good thing to come out of that, he picked up a donut. Even though it was a gas station donut, it wasn't all too bad.

The walk to his locker made him nervous. Steve felt kind of self conscious over his hair now, even if people said it looked good. Thankfully it was already starting to fade. At least Tony didn't bleach his hair.

Today was the day he would find out if he had the team or not. Monday, Tuesday, and yesterday the tryouts were hard. Some people walked out during it because it was too hard.

It seemed weird, but Steve really wanted quarterback. And he thought he might have a chance for it.

"Nervous?" Maddie scared him while he was getting books out of his locker. Him and Maddie haven't talked since the conversation about sand and Tony.

"For what?"

"The football list is going up today, right?" There seemed to be a lump that formed in his throat. What if he didn't make the team at all and he totally just embarrassed himself? Letting himself think for even a second he might get quarterback.

"Yeah but we'll see," and closed his locker to turn to face her. Maddie's hair was pin straight and flowed down to her mid back. It looked very soft, smooth, and just heathy.

"You'll make it."

"How do you know?"

"I know the coach."

"You know Coach Raven? Wait... is he your dad?" She laughed at that.

"Noo, he was my English teacher freshman year and we've just been close."

"You're not sleeping with him, right?" That was Steves try at a joke. He just realized how unfunny it was after he said it. Maddies face confirmed that thought.

"No... he's 38."

"I was joking."

"Right," she nodded slowly. Woah Steve was really making a foul of himself.

"That was so not funny. I'm sorry," She laughed and moved some hair out of her face.

"You're right that was not funny at all, you're lucky you're pretty," Steve blushed slightly and moved his eyes away from her. What do you say to that? When someone that beautiful calls you pretty.

Thankfully he didn't need to because Sam interrupted them.

"Morning, you two. Isn't it such a sunny day?" Besides his peppy words he didn't seem all too joyful. They both turned to look at him and Maddie offered a soft smile. A smile that was very comforting and seemed you could spill your guts to.

"What's wrong, Sam? Want to talk about it?" Was there anything wrong with this girl? Speaking of things being wrong, Tony walked over to his locker. He didn't say anything just minded his own business. Steve was yes to scoff, he should mind his own business every day and the two wouldn't have a problem.

"Just Bucky being annoying," well what's new.

"Who's Bucky?" Maddie questioned, her voice as sweet as ever. Sam seemed to just notice what he said. Did he call James... Bucky? He was hanging with Steve too much.