04|Hammers and Half-Cursive

Tony was at his locker messing with the lock. He groaned as he couldn't get it open... again. Why are these damn things so difficult to open?

He turned and expected Bruce to turn the corner and come to his rescue. But no one he knew was insight. He sighed and tried again to open it.

8.... 25.... 3

That was his combo so why didn't it open? He slammed his head against the locker. Just then someone came and stood beside him.

Tonys head still rested on the locker but turned it to look at them, and it was Steve. He also looked over at Tony.

"Hey," he said and opened his locker, like it was just that easy. That made Tony even more annoyed.

"What are you doing here?" He asked and pulled himself off the locker, grabbing the lock to try again. 8...

"This is my locker?" He replied and looked at him confused.

"No. It's not, it's never been anyone's locker," Tony was always, for some reason, proud no one was on the right side of him. 25... No one has ever owned that locker beside him and Natasha would always complain about how annoying the girl beside her was. That's when he would brag about the empty locker beside his.

"Well I don't know what to tell you because it is mine" 3... and it didn't open. Tony groaned again and tried to throw the lock down, obviously it didn't work since it was stuck. Steve raises his eyebrows at him. "Do you want help?"

Tony wanted to say no, he didn't need any help but he obviously did. He didn't want to be late to first period. In all honestly he was late to History because he couldn't open his locker to get a pencil. That's why he was raiding his bag in class to try and find one.

What idiot would put every pen and pencil he had in his locker. Especially if he couldn't open said locker.

"...fine" he said and let go of the lock. Steve stepped closer and grabbed ahold of it. "8, 25, 3."

Steve nodded and twisted it to the numbers he said. It popped open and he took off the lock, handing it to Tony.

"Here you go," he offered him a polite smile. Tony rolled his eye and opened his locker making Steve step aside. "Could at least say thank you."

"Why would I say thank you for opening a lock? It's just a stupid lock."

"You couldn't open the stupid lock," Steve said back with a small smile which made Tony more mad. Randi was right about yesterday, he was kind of short. Steve wondered how tall he actually was.

He grabbed a few pencil and closed it, slamming it shut and put the lock back on. He turned on his heels and walked away.

Steve raised his eyebrows for a second. What's his problem? Someone must've slept on the wrong side of the bed.

Rhodey fell into step with Tony who was walking on his phone. He was texting some guy who was confused and wanted to experiment. Tony raised his eyebrows at that text message.

The last time he helped someone experiment they fell in love with him and wouldn't leave him alone. Didn't want to go through that again.

"Who's Dylan?" Rhodey asked as he leaned over his shoulder to read the screen. Then he made out the text message and pulled away, raising his eyebrows also, "are you going to say yes?"

"No of course not. You know the story of Zeke, that didn't end well and I'm not looking for another case of that," he said as he slipped his phone into his back pocket. He'll answer the text message later since he didn't have read receipts on.