13| Drinking and Dying

The music may be blaring, but he didn't feel the need to turn it down to watch TikTok. The loud music was actually kind of comforting for the boy, reduced stress. Not that he was really stressed about anything in particular.

TikTok has been awfully boring today. He's seen maybe three ones that actually made him smile. This app was going downhill. Still, it was the only thing that could hold his short attention span.

Tony set down his phone and just stared up at the ceiling. Normally Saturdays were the best. He had the place to himself for a while. Even though that's normally how it always was anyway.

Carmel has been slowly moving out. Sure she still worked here and sometimes would sleepover in her room, but she just got an apartment with her boyfriend where she spent most of the nights now. Tony was happy for her, he really was. Just maybe missed her a little bit. Sure he was always alone but it was nice knowing someone was at least in the house.

He picked up his phone and went to the photos app. Tony told himself not to do it, that he'd regret it, but he just pushed that thought to the back of his head.

The album folder consisted of photos of Justin that Tony just couldn't find in himself to delete. Ones from the party right before they had their first time. And his own first time.

Ones from restaurants and that time they went to Vegas together. The one at the water park and the beach. Fuck the beach.

There was a photo of Tony on Justin's shoulders, him smiling widely at the camera. He remembered being genuinely happy at that moment.

Hammers was smiling as well, but his eyes weren't facing the camera. They were pointed up, looking at Tony's face and smile. Tony had this photo as his lock screen for a long time. His all-time favorite photo. Plus, Justin's abs looked nice in it.

But that wasn't the point. The point is Justin betrayed Tony and left. Tony hated Justin, hated him just about as much as he did Bucky. So why couldn't he just delete these goddamn awful pictures?

It didn't matter anyway, because the door rang throughout the house. Most likely Rhodey or Bruce, telling him to go down to sonic with them or whatever.

Tony (against his own will) threw the covers off of him and got out of bed. He's been in bed since he woke up, about two and a half hours ago. Didn't care though. He would probably live up here forever if Howard let him have a mini-fridge.

Tony took his time walking down the huge stairs, totally exhausted. The doorbell came again making Stark groan. Couldn't they just let themself in?

When he reached the door he didn't notice that it wasn't any of his friends outside the house. Yes, it was mostly made of glass but Tony didn't pay much attention.

He opened the door to be greeted by Steve Rogers. Okay, now the universe was just playing tricks on him. Why the hell was he here?

And better yet Tony was still in his plaid matching pajamas. Hair probably all over the place. Not that he really cared, just Steve looked very put together. Who can look that good on a Saturday morning?

"Hi," Steve said when Tony didn't speak up first. He knew this would be awkward but he at least expected Tony to speak. Say one thing.

"What are you doing here?" That wasn't the one thing Steve wanted Tony to say. But at least it was words.

He very discreetly looked the boy up and down. It seemed he was still in his sleeping wear unless that was an outfit Stark wore out. His eyes seemed to barely be able to stay open and his hair was ruffled around on top of his head. He seemed to just have rolled out of bed and a little adorable. It was moments like this Steve found it was hard to believe what a bad person Tony was. He looked just so small, like a kid or something.