22| Bucky and Bingos

One quarter in

Steve smiled as he walks over to his team. They were at a timeout between the quarters.

He was a lot less worried now. Avengers high was ahead by two touchdowns. 14 to nothing. Justin didn't seem all too happy. That made Steve happy.

Halftime

17 to 10. Steve was still confident that they were going to win. He walked with Bucky to go get some Gatorade.

He watched as Bucky scanned the crowd. Was he looking for someone? His parents, possibly?

Bucky turned and walked backward, looking through the Hydra bleachers side. The person he was looking for wasn't there.

They went and both got cherry glacier Gatorade. Sam went over to say hello to his mom and step-dad. Apparently, they're not the biggest fan of James. Bucky knew this too.

Steve kept stealing glances at his best friend. What was up with him, why was he being so weird? Was he okay? What was he thinking about? Who was he looking for?

Bucky met his eye and raised a brow at him. "What?" Steve looked away.

"Nothing."

"Alright then."

Halfway into the third quarter

Hydra was gaining on them. 17 to 13.

It's fine. No need to worry.

Start of the fourth quarter

20 to 13. See, no need to worry. They were fine.

Thirty seconds on the clock

20 to 20.

They were tied.

Terri held the ball and pulled back his hand, getting ready to throw the football to one of his teammates.

Bucky ran as fast as his legs could take him. He saw how Terri's eyes fixated on his best friend- Justin.

Bucky ran in that direction, how eyes narrowing on the football player he probably hates most. Terri threw the ball.

He was gaining on him. He could tackle him. Bucky would tackle Justin and Avengers would get the ball. They would. They would win.

Justin caught the ball in his hand and tucked it under his armpit. Bucky was only a few feet behind him and the goal was twenty yards. Bucky was going to do it.

Buckys mind suddenly went to Tony. I think you're too easily convinced that you guys will win. Hydras good, you know that. They beat you over half of the time. He shook his head. Stop that, Barnes. You were going to do it. Don't think of him. Don't think of her.

Bucky lunged forward and held his arms out, ready to tackle. But as he jumped, his ankle twisted.

Justin dodged the tackle and continue to ran. He made it to the goal and threw the football down on the ground. The Hydra crowd irrupted into cheers. Avengers was silent.

20 to 26.

They lost.

-

Tony walked through the crowd trying to make his way to the exit. He couldn't believe Hydra won, and he couldn't believe Bucky fucked over and let them win.

Ah, well speak of the devil.

"Fuck you, Stark," Bucky exclaimed and stood in front of Tony. Tony stopped walking and looked up at him. God, could Tony never catch a break?