Chapter 1 : New Beginning

♡ Jessica Woods ♡

When I stuffed all the unwanted magazines and the cosmetics in a garbage bag, I rubbed the sweat off of my forehead.

Suddenly my eyes caught something which was very special to me in the past, laying on the floor abandonedly beside the cardboard boxes. I leaned down and grabbed it, shoving the dust away from it.

It was my.. diary.

A sad smile appeared on my face when I saw the year. 2018. Those four numbers still knew how to bring a smile on my face. No matter what, that was the unforgettable year of my life.

Two years ago, I was so dumb to realize that I could only be able to own the memories. Not the person.

I sat cross-legged on the floor and placed the diary on my lap and breathed deeply before opening it.

I slowly turned the first five pages of it as I saw my bucket list of the year, the books I read, the romantic movies I watched and my top 10 celebrity crushes.

No one would write these things in their diary when they were fifteen but I would because I was stupid.

I gulped audibly when I turned the first page of my rollercoaster ride.

11/01/2018

Today's the first day of my school and I'm so happy that my day started with him. He, Samuel Collins, the basketball captain of our school and my biggest crush eyed me from head to toe when I said him hello. Oh My God! Oh My God! I was in cloud nine at that moment. He checked me out.

I laughed at my old self. I was a dumbass at that time to understand he only checked me out as I was a piece of shit.

But he didn't reply anything because his friends surrounded him defensively, the minute I stepped closer to him as I was going to kill him or kidnap him. I rolled my eyes and backed away from them and made my way to my locker which was very far away from him. Screw my life.

He has a large circle of friends and a group of girls behind him like puppies and his friends too as popular as him.

Jace Parker who's his bestfriend, his basketball teammate and the head prefect of our school. Ryan Brown is his partner in crime and the President of our school student's parliament.

And the last but not the least, Natasha Taylor, his female friend and the girlfriend of Jace Parker (this information was collected by a rumour which I hardly believe it.) and she is our school nerd and that is the reason she got the title of beauty with talents. They all are one year elder than me except Natasha who's same age as me.

In the age of 15, I had enough reasons to be jealous of. I turned the next page and my smile vanished away.

23/01/2018

I thought this would be my happiest day in my life as I brought happiness to my parents on this day, fifteen years ago. Yes. Today's my birthday. I planned to confess my feelings to him today so during my lunch break I went to the canteen and searched the table where he and his friends used to sit at, but they were there, eating their food and talking something leisurely, except him.

I approached the table and gripped the card tightly I've been holding on, in nervous. Jace found I was coming towards them and whispered something to his friends which made them to look at me. This is the reason why I want to kill Jace.

"Hey!" I chirped and Ryan waved at me while Jace nodding at me and Natasha giving me a tight lipped smile.

"So.. where's Sam? I mean, Samuel?" I asked and Natasha looked at Jace and then back at me.