Chapter 21 : Nanny

♡ Jessica Woods ♡

I headed towards the principal office and gripped the door knob, arguing with my mind whether to go inside or dashed out of here.

Finally I pushed open the door and noticed Mr.Henderson was looking at the phone and the backside of two boys, who were fidgeting in their seats, were facing me and I didn't need to see their faces to acknowledge who they were.

How many times do I want to embarrass myself in my life?

I tried my best not to show my shaky voice as I asked. "May I come in?"

"Yes please." Mr.Henderson nodded at me, setting down the phone and Jace quickly turned around and glanced at me while Samuel was peeking a glance at me over his shoulder. I tried not to meet their gazes as I slowly approached Mr.Henderson and blinked my eyes continuously as an attempt of holding back my tears.

I can't handle this. Are there anyone who like to switch their lives with mine?

"Have a seat." Mr.Henderson said politely and I pulled the chair that was placed between Jace and Samuel's seats and sat down, resting my hands on my lap.

"Well Ms.Woods," he spoke, leaning forward on his table and I looked up at him biting my lower lip. "You know what's the matter you're involved in, right?" he asked and I nodded.

"Yes or No?"

"Yes sir. But what Sam-"

"Yes. What Mr.Collins has done was beyond the pale and we, the school, took actions for it. You don't need to be worried." he told and I furrowed my brows.

"I didn't get you."

"Well Ms.Woods, Mr.Parker has told me the whole story and Mr.Collins too admitted that the person in the photo wasn't you and he got it from some.. illegal site. And don't expect me to show you the photo because trust me, it's.. dear God!" he shook his head cringing and wiped his forehead with his handkerchief.

He saw the photo too? Was it too unpleasant like everyone said? And everyone believed it was me? Why couldn't I just die instead of facing these stuffs?

I ducked my head down and I could feel Jace was staring at my way but I seriously couldn't be able to look at the person who fought for me, too. Screw my life!

"Three of you are very popular among our school and had a good reputation. To be frank, I really didn't expect Mr.Collins would do such thing like this. Don't you have a sister, kid?"

"I do. I'm sorry." Samuel told flatly and turned his head the other side which made Mr.Henderson huff in annoyance.

"Sorry won't work here and eventhough Jace had a point, you can't beat a guy in the school like this. So you two must be punished." he said sternly and opened some files and started to write something. "Mr.Collins would be suspended from school for a week and Mr.Parker has to bow out of his head prefect post for a week and Mr.Oliver Smith would be replacing his role."

What?? Okay.. Samuel needs to be punished. But Jace? Why on earth has he to be punished for no reason at all?

"No, wait, sir why does Jace have to-" I stopped and looked at Jace when he placed his hand on mine and squeezed it a little. He shook his head slowly at me and looked back at Mr.Henderson.

"With pleasure." Jace said and removed his badge with his other hand while I was staring at him without blinking my eyes as he placed the badge on Mr.Henderson's office desk.

God please tell me that this is all a nightmare.

"Sir, but why does Jac-" Samuel spoke suddenly but Mr.Henderson cut him off.