Chapter 15 : Party

♡ Jessica Woods ♡

As soon as Louise and I got down from the car, Ryan marched towards Louise and hissed. "You're late."

"Aw, you're waiting for me in the doorway?" Louise giggled and stepped back and did a twirl to show off her dress. "How do I look?"

Ryan tilted his head and scanned her from head to toe before pulling her closer and whispered. "Sexy."

She swatted his shoulder and when Ryan noticed me, his mouth fell open. He slowly approached me, glancing behind.

"Where is Jessica? Jessica?? You came?" Ryan asked, glancing behind and Louise pressed her finger against her temple and twirled it, giving me a 'he is an idiot' gesture.

I smiled at her and when I glanced at him he was looking down at me, adjusting his glass.

"Hey gorgeous, did you see my girlfriend's bestie?"

I slapped his arm and rolled my eyes. "You're overreacting."

"But you're seriously looking hot today." he exclaimed and I smiled.

"Thanks. All the credit goes to your girlfriend." I motioned to Louise and she stepped closer to us and held Ryan's arm.

"Yeah, yeah. Now let's go in." she said and Ryan nodded.

"I didn't let anyone eat the pizza until you come."

"It's pepperoni right?" Louise asked and he frowned.

"No. I ordered BBQ chicken. You don't like it?" Ryan asked worriedly and they both made their way inside, arguing playfully as usual.

I stopped moving when my phone vibrated in my hands. I unlocked it and read the text message which was sent by Alex a few seconds ago.

'Drop a text to mom. She called me now.'

I rolled my eyes before sending an okay to him and started walking, looking down at my phone as I decided to type a super short message to my mom.

Suddenly I collided with someone and my phone fell from my hands and dropped on that large familiar palm while the person's other hand was wrapping around my waist which prevented me from falling backwards.

I looked up and my eyes locked with the attractive blue eyes of Jace. His eyes were roaming all over my body as he trying to find something out. He gulped before setting his eyes on my face.

"J-Jessica? Is this you?" he sounded so surprise and I nodded, smiling.

"Yeah."

Am I looking too different?

He stepped back hesitantly and I noticed he was wearing a black linen button down shirt and a blue jeans. My phone was on his left hand while his jacket and the key was on the other.

I pointed to my phone and he glanced where I was pointing at and the screen lightened up signaling me that I got a new notification.

"Mom.." he whispered, glancing at the phone for God knows how long until I spoke.

"Jace.. my phone.."

He came back to the reality as he quickly handed me the phone and walked past me, running his fingers through his hair.

I slowly walked inside and Ryan's house was bigger than I thought and the whole place was surrounded by a large crowd.

It's a FREAKING HUGE party!

Some rock song was playing and most of the teens jumping up and down, swaying their hips and waving their hands in the air which they called as dance.

The disco lights of red and blue were blinding my eyes though I could see some couples were making out on the couch and some were playing beer pong far from here.