FIVE

CHAPTER FIVE | Better

Wednesday morning, a hangover greeting me in a fine weather day morning... I should not have drunk that much alcohol.

I'm telling you, alcohol is bad... never ever try it.

I don't remember how I got home, what did I do last night when I got home... did I fall asleep right away? Ugh... my head hurts.

Before I could even get up and out of bed my doorbell rang, it kept ringing non-stop. Which meant only one thing. "I'm coming!" I shout out and it stopped, I stomped my way to the door, taking a peek to see a horrible face in the morning.

"Hey bro- woah! you look terrible!" Roshe greets as I open the door, he looks at me with a horrified face. "Shut up." I rolled my eyes and walked back inside with him following after closing my door. 

"Why aren't you ready yet?" He asked, sitting on my couch as he pulled out his phone. I looked at him and noticed he was wearing a formal suit- the one in his locker. "Why are you dressed?" I asked scratching the back of my head as I walked over to the kitchen to grab me some coffee for the morning. I need coffee and a cold shower.

"Dude! today's the meeting and you're my presentation buddy!" He growled at me as I waited for my freshly brewed coffee. "What presentation?" I asked. He cursed loudly and made his way over to me, shoving his phone in my face, the bright screen blinded my eyes for a moment.

"Get that away from me!" I grumbled and covered my eyes from it. 

As he is a persistent gentleman, he forced me to look at his phone. There I saw a conversation over text- our conversation... "You were texting me in the bar even though we were only one seat apart." He rolls his eyes.

• Text Message

'Hey dude, you got the presentation down?'

'Text me back, don't talk to me'

'I told you answer me thru yext'

'text*'

'You're wasted, dumbass'

'U r too, airhead'

'Not yet'

'I'll be your presentation buddy'

'You sure? you're wasted,
you might not even wake up early tomorrow'

'I can do it!'

'Alright, don't look all mad'

'Stop looking at me'

'Presentation buddy, yeah?'

'Yes!'

'I hope you remember this tomorrow...'

• Read

He pulled the phone away and sighed. "I knew you were too drunk to even remember the shit you said, you left me on read and didn't notice me when I called out to you," He grumbled. "You just went to the dancefloor." He shook his head side to side slowly.