FOUR

CHAPTER FOUR | Love

It's the day after last night, I haven't slept. I'm currently with Jerabriell and his sister picking out a prom dress. Why am I involved? because her sister asked to.

So here I am tired from last night.

After consoling Riles, I dragged her personally to Celes who knew 'fun' and when I say fun- oh you bet it was fun. We went on walks while the two girls ranted about whatever bothered them. Honestly, I thought my aunt would go ballistic on me for dragging Celes out of her own party, but turns out Celes has been doing it for every single of her parties.

I didn't know since I wasn't one to stick around till the end of the party.

Celestine and Rileen got along well, but of course we ran into Riles's boyfriend and she got dragged, I was gonna stop him from the sudden action... but Rileen shook her head and walked away with the guy.

Not that I'm bothered, we're not even friends.

"Dude stop zoning out on me, she's trying to impress you!" Jerabriell nudged me as I broke out of my thoughts, for some reason his sister likes me. 

She's 18 don't come at me FBI.

"Seriously? you know I'm not even over my ex." I bluntly stated as I focused on something else other than his sister or him. "But, do you find my sister attractive?" He asked with that smirk on his face as I looked at him.

My eyes wandered over to his sister and observed her, she's petite, long blonde curls that reached her waist, long legs enough to be a model, a round face and a raised nose, her long lashes shadows over her narrow eyes with her brown orbs. She's not bad- just not my type.

"She's attractive, but far from my type." I crossed my arms over my chest and huffed. Briell cleared his throat and nodded slowly. "I agree, I get what you mean." He says as he walked away from me and over to his sister.

His sister looked at me for a brief moment and there I saw her perfect smile as her eyes narrowed more. She whispered something to Briell and walked over to me as her hips sway. "I'm glad you find me attractive." She says in a small flirty tone.

Here comes a dilemma, do I brush her off straightforwardly or do I drop hints and beat around the bush?

"Too bad I'm not your type." She continues as I slowly back away. "Y-Yeah, sorry." Was all I could say, it just feels awkward for me flirting with my friend's sister. It's something so common and cliché that I have no interest in diving into.

"Oh, I also heard your ex has a new toy." She carries on talking while stepping closer and closer to me. Is this intimidation or just a trick to put me under her spell? because it's not working at all, I just feel my personal space is invaded by this woman.

"Look, I don't really care what's up with her, so now I'll be leaving." I turned on my heel to face away from her and start to walk the opposite direction of her. She calls out to me which made me stop for a moment. 

"Are you intimidated by me, Jett?" She asks, calling me by my name. She's really something, the tone she used made my skin crawl for some reason.

"I'm not, have fun assuming that." I walked away completely leaving those two crazy siblings. 

Everything I want is in this mall, but not what I need. 

"Y-You seem like you haven't slept..." A voice pointed out my depressed stage look- I'm not even depressed yet, but I already look the part.