Chapter 19

We arrived at an apartment complex and landed on a balcony roughly ten stories up. We entered the apartment through the glass door and Old Y/N turned the lights and I studied the room and saw an unkept and unclean living room. Pizza boxes laid around, some empty, some with pizza left in them. Clothes were all over the floor.
        "Hey I never asked, why are you in New York?" I inquired.
"Soon after Charlie was kidnapped they just left. They suddenly removed all of their resources out of Japan. I couldn't find a trace of them. Till I got a random tip to investigate a company in New York, and I saw Olivia Octavius employed with no face profile. I made the connection and followed them here."  Old Y/N explained to me. This made me curious what they were in Japan for then. Why were they causing all this chaos? It seems instead of answers I get more questions. I began thinking of the similar events that might happen back home if I don't figure out a way back. I could feel my heart race faster and a rage creeping in the back of my head. I'll stop them even if I have to murd...
          "Hey!!! Yo snap out of it I'm trying to give something to you." I snapped my attention back to Old Y/N. He was holding a backpack out towards me. "It's my old suit. Too much color for my taste, but I don't think your torn sleeve is gonna do the trick." I took the bag and opened it up, removing the suit. It was the same as the one I wore back home. I quickly put it on and felt almost back home. I equipped another web shooter to my wrist and made my way over to a table with pictures and documents laid on it.
        "These are some pictures I've taken during my many attempts to locate Charlie and get a layout for the security. These are some documents I took the few times I made it in. I was never in for long, too much security, once I was spotted I always got out faster then the reinforcements could arrive." Old Y/N explained to me. I started to skim over the pictures, and I saw one of a giant, muscular black beast. It had a white spider symbol. The body of the spider wrapped around its massive chest and its bottoms legs lead down towards the lower back. The middle legs went around the side over its ribs, to the middle back. The top legs wrapped over its shoulders. The most intimidating part of the beast was not one of these features, it was the huge set of wings that came out of its back.
         "You can't even tell that's him anymore." I looked to my future self  and saw him staring sadly at the beast, and it clicked. The beast was Charlie. It made sense because of the symbiote, but the shock was still present. "That's why it's so hard to capture him, he's a devil after all. That symbiote didn't take control of a human. It got something better." I started to realize how powerful this out of control symbiote was. Charlie was trapped inside forced to be nothing but a source of power for a homicidal, aggressive monster that follows the orders of the woman that captured him and enabled this.  I felt something creeping from the base of my skull. Something I've never felt before, the more it creeped over my head the more my mind emptied and the only thing that remained was fury.
         "I know what you're feeling all too well right now. You can't think too much about what's going on here. Your first priority is getting home. Think too deeply and you'll go mad like me." The sudden touch of his hand on my shoulder brought my attention back. I looked into his eyes and they seemed narrow and strict. With that he left his words at that and switched the subject.
        "First, we find the room with the teleporting gizmos. I'm sure they have one in the facility since Doc Ock never used it on my like she did you so she couldn't see the results before leaving. Since I never saw it you'll have to recognize it for us." He explained to me, then continued, "The second step is just trying to activate it and figure out how to send you back. Then at that point security should know we're there and send Charlie hopefully. There we knock him unconscious, you leave for home and I take Charlie and make him better. The perfect plan." He gave me a thumbs up and I returned the gesture. The plan seemed simple, and that's what worried me, but I guess we really don't know much about the facility, so it's the best we got. Old Y/N grabbed a bag I assumed was equipment and gear and we masked up. Then we jumped and left for the complex.