Chapter 16

I looked as Charlie keeps Doc Ock's arms at bay, Issei had his weird Gauntlet thing that kept yelling boost out. I stood up and checked my webshooters and grinned at the psychotic doctor.
"You're gonna have a bad time." I smugly add before I charge her. She breaks Charlie's web in time to strike at me, which I narrowly dodge. I continue to dodge and attack while Charlie does the same. I web Doc's face and pull myself towards her, connecting my knee to her face. She stumbled back before looking back at me with blood coming out of her nose. She narrowed her eyes and grinned slightly. She then thrusted her arm at me and squeezed around my torso, lifting me up into the air. I punch the arm to no avail, but Charlie forced Doc to release me by connecting his feet into her back. She then whipped around and grabbed Charlie's face, along with Issei's abdomen. She then lifted them into the air. I go to web her, but in the scuffle, they were damaged. I grit my teeth and run towards the doctor. I flip over a tentacle swinging towards me. I then use another tentacle swinging over me as a base to jump towards her. I thrust my fist towards Doc Ock but another tentacle knocked me out of the way just in time. After I skid across the ground I look up to see Charlie web some debris and hit Doc Ock in the gut, causing her to drop Issei and himself. Issei then gets up and charges the Doctor, only to be knocked away himself. She then charges at an injured Issei and picks him up. Issei struggles against the mechanical arm but to no avail. I see Charlie charge the Doctor himself, but he ends up captured himself.
         "Y/N! Enough of this, I'll give you a decision. One lives, the other dies. Choose young spider." She grinned at me evilly. "Oh, and if you try to attack they both die." She narrowed her eyes as my heart sped up. I thought of an alternative. There was only one way they both might live, and I have to die.
            "Take me instead. I'll take their place, I won't fight it and you get what you want, me dead." I could feel how desperate I looked. The Doctor's grin turned to a frown as she thought of my proposal.
           "I now want you to suffer before an inevitable demise. What better way than to destroy one of the ones you hold dear to you." She grinned once more as I grew increasingly nervous and frightened. I weighed my options between the two and I grew sick thinking of actually having one killed off.
           "Please! Take my life instead! They don't deserve death because of me." I felt the tears streaming from my eyes and I can see a shocked look spread across the doctor's face. She then drops my brother and Issei. I drop to my knees with relief and all the air I held in suspense escapes from my lungs. Doc Ock then approaches me and I look at her, knowing my time has come to an end. She lifts me to the air with her mechanical arms. I then hear a feminine voice screaming commands. I glance to see Rias and the rest of the peerage. They all start rushing towards me, Doc Ock notices this and grapples a nearby building and launches us away with speed equivalent to my swinging. After gliding through the air and effectively losing my friends I am brought to a building located in the middle of the woods. We enter while the doctor still keeps me in an iron grip. After we enter, the doctor presses buttons which shuts all possible exits, effectively eliminating all possibilities of escape. She then sets me down in a chair, which immediately locks down my ankles and wrists. This doesn't bother me, I would rather give my life than suffer an existence of the death of my brother and best friend.
        "So am I just gonna be tortured and then killed off or what's the plan here Doc?" I say with slight sarcasm in my voice.
        "Oh Y/N, you're my new guinea pig in a new experiment I was tasked with." She grinned at me before suddenly tapping keys on a computer, which then opens up the floor and I see a set of stairs and a ramp leading down. The doctor then approaches me and clicks, what I assume to be buttons on the back of my chair. I then feel my chair move forward into the unknown hole. Doc Ock walks besides me down the steps.
         "You must be curious as of what the experiment is." The doctor addressed me.
         "Nah not really lady." I bluntly stated and began to look around. My eyes landed back to the doctor and she had an annoyed look on her face directed towards me. She sighed a breath of annoyance.
         "I'll tell you anyway. I believe I have discovered a way to travel between parallel universes. I have chosen you to test it, when you offered yourself I thought that this was the perfect opportunity. If it works, great, if not...well you'll be dead." I looked over to the doctor and saw she has a smile on her face while she looked ahead of her. We finally reach the bottom and I continue till I am stopped at the end of the tracks. I then am raised and spun around. I look up to see a large ring made up of many different pieces of equipment and technology.
         "Are you ready yet Spider-Man?" Doc Ock then began to laugh and pulled a lever which started the machine. The ring was then slowly lowered down to me. Once it neared me my restraints were let go of and I felt the portal begin to suck me in. I grab the chair to stop the process, but the pull was too strong and my hand slipped. I entered the portal. A feeling of discombobulation spread through my body, everything was dark and silent, then as suddenly as the whole process started I saw a tear in the dark fabric surrounding me and once again felt the pulling sensation. I entered through the rift and was dropped from the air onto the ground. My head was pounding and I stood up and looked around. The sky was dark and rain poured down. I saw a city in the distance and decided to make my way towards it.