Chapter 11

(Issei's POV)
I stare at the monster across from me that used to be Y/N. The monster was standing across from me with its monstrous eyes. It's tongue flicked and wriggled around in un-natural ways. Fear crippled my body and paralyzed me. The monster then jumped at me and I had barely enough time to move out of the way.
"Boost!" Ddraig yelled from my gauntlet. I charged the beast this time and tried to punch it. It grabbed me by the head and threw me into the wall. I realized I had a black substance attached to my forehead. When I realized this I was pulled from the wall into the ground with incredible force. The impact was so rough I coughed and saw blood fly from my mouth. I struggled to get up while the best walked over.
"It'sss time to die." The beast spoke to me in the way a snake would. I stood back up and dodged the beast charging me. I finished rolling as I stood up and charged myself. I jumped and punched the beast in the jaw and it slightly stumbled. It moved its head back around slowly and looked at me. I gulped down any fear I had bottled up and got ready for an attack. It began running and I braved myself when suddenly bolts of lightning started to cripple the beast. I looked into the sky to see Akeno and I noticed Rias behind me.
"Issei, what the hell is that thing?" Rias questioned me.
"It's Y/N! Or it was Y/N, at some point." I responded. The beast didn't like the electricity and it started to wriggle around with goo starting to rise of its body. It was screaming when the face folded back and revealed Y/N screaming to the top of his lungs in pain. He looked different. Like the goo changed him. His teeth were sharper now and he carried hate and pain in his eyes. I screamed at Akeno to stop and when she did, Y/N hit the ground with his knee and was breathing heavily. I walked over to him and got close to him.
"Y/N, you okay pal?" I asked cautiously. Y/N still looked at the ground and panted. Then the beast's face returned and punched me in the gut, launching me away. It then jumped after me and landed on me and began to punch me repeatedly. I was now bloody and losing consciousness. When the beast was hit with magic that stopped him momentarily. I took this as an opportunity.
"Y/N! What are you doing man, you need to snap out of it!" I pleaded. The beast looked at me and the face folded back again, revealing Y/N.
"Issei? What happened to you?" He asked me oblivious. I sighed and looked back.
"You did. You're being controlled by that demon like creature." I explained to him. He looked shocked and then angry. He stood up and looked back down at me.
"I'm sorry Issei." Was all he said before he jumped away into the city. I watched him disappear from eyesight. I looked at Rias to notice that she had a nervous look on her face.
"Issei, are you okay?" She asked me. I stood up and nodded my head. We walked towards the club to tend my wounds.

🌕Later On🌕
(Charlie's POV)
We had begun our search for Y/N as soon as school ended. The sun had begun to set as we checked every abandoned warehouse and every corner of every building. There was no sign of Y/N at all. He had just disappeared. He had done this before but I had a feeling this time was different. From what was explained to me Y/N had disappeared after he had turned into a monster and beat up Issei. I was worried what he was putting himself through. Ever since mom passed, Y/N feels like all the world's problems are his own. He feels like he is the one that should right all of the wrongs in this life. It's a noble idea, but one of false hope. He is probably fighting this thing in a way that will end up changing him. That is what I am most worried about. When we finished searching, we decided to head to my house for the night. I enter my door first and walk upstairs without speaking to anyone. I make it upstairs and catch myself stopping in front of Y/N's room. I reach for the door knob and open the door slowly. I look into the empty room and feel an overwhelming pressure of sadness and hurt. I step inside the room and look around. I then notice a neatly folded envelope on Y/N's bed side table. I walk over and notice the locket he owned. I opened it and saw one picture of Mom, and a picture of me. I feel my eyes tear up as I open the letter. It read:

Dear Everyone,
                     I am writing this letter because it's the only way I can make my decision and not let any of you change my mind. I don't know what's happening with me, I don't know if I can be trusted anymore. I can feel this...thing, trying to take control of me. I can't keep it controlled while worrying about all of you. So please, Rias and Issei, I want you to protect Charlie with your lives. If anything happens to him, I won't need this monster to hunt you. Regardless, even now I can feel it's treacherous motives trying to take control. For this reason I'm leaving for a while. I don't know how long or where. I'm just leaving. Don't look for me. Don't contact me. Forget of me for the meantime. I'll be back, just I don't know when.
              Your Friend and Brother, Y/N.