Ah, he recalled. He even miscalculated the timing to poison Scarlet as well.

And there was no way this place allowed a stranger, a commoner to loiter around in this warrior house. He would be asked to leave, and not waiting for his reply, Collins merely patted his back, pushing him to walk ahead.

"Let's go first and not block people's way, shall we, gentlemen?"

And without meaning to, James followed Collins, joining Jakel who was waiting ahead.

****

"Your Majesty, if you don't mind sharing with us, which of the suitors is attractive in your eyes?"

"Ah, I'm very envious, to be blessed with young eye-candied men in close proximity".

"I heard Prince Dylan is a fine bachelor".

"Really? I heard he's a womanizer".

"I prefer Prince Neville or Prince Zuber, one is very charming, one is rather quirky, but cute, nonetheless".

The young duchesses and noble ladies around Fina's table chuckled and blushed at such talks and thoughts.

Fina sipped her tea, listening to their whimsical chatters.

The guests today accompanying her breakfast were...rather dull.

If she wanted to talk or gossip about young men and available bachelors, she would've gushed about it to her close Lady Companions!

And her close friends' reactions were much more amusing.

Scarlet would look impassive and would comment that she read too much romance novels. And would start to penalize any flaw she found in the men if she knew them.

Lydia would chuckle and offered her ears to listen, asking her further on how he was like, what he did to make her remember him so fondly.

And Brie would heartily and always jokingly said, "I don't care how he looks like, but is he rich? Can he sponsor me too?" which always ended up making Scarlet criticizing Brie instead and Lydia easing the banters.

Of course, there were other ladies she dined with who held better conversations. But today is none of those.

Often, those informative gatherings were hosted by the Queen, her Mother.

Her Mother was lovely and intelligent.

So intelligent that the institute, where Scholars and apprentices pursued their studies, was named after her, The Athina's Institute.

In fact, her Mother was part of the group physicians in treating Scarlet's burnt skins, when Homes brought her in.

Maybe it ran in her blood, her parents were fond with...sincere people. Who wouldn't?

"I think Lord Jakel and James are quite attractive too, but I could never be as above and beyond as Your Highness, courting someone of a...different social background than the rest of us".

What a futile jab.

These group of people seemed fine to be living in superficiality.

She put her cup with a sharp clink on the saucer.

"Ah...I'm suddenly feeling unwell", time to act frail.

"Oh my, are you alright, Your Highness, do you need us to call the nursemaids? The physicians?"

"It's alright ladies, it's just a small headache. I would be good and about if I rest..."

"To trouble your way to entertain us, please rest Your Highness, we could always redo our session again".