Chapter 27

Prince Zuber had no difficulties getting to Captain Scarlet's office. He simply asked for the guard stationed of the floor to guide him to her.

And along the way, he admired the walls of the hallways which hung paintings and portraits of the previous and current Generals and high-ranked Warriors, including Captains.

Opening this Kingdom to foreign dignitaries with the bait of the Princess's hand in marriage were bold and radical.

Letting him waltz into the Warrior's Studies was already risking exposing and jeopardizing various things about this Kingdom's defense and prowess.

This Kingdom must be very mighty to be above these thoughts or were they swept up with arrogance to ignore these things.

He tried to catch the names of the current warriors serving from those portraits displayed of them.

But his attention was brought back when he finally reached a door, which had the familiar name embossed in gold, 'CAPT. SCARLET HOMES'.

He gave his thanks to the guard. Then, he took a deep steady breath and knocked on the door.

As he stepped inside, he saw the Lady Captain – with a small smile upon her face.

With the morning lights washing down behind her through the window, it emanated a glow around her profile.

When Scarlet asked, no, instructed him to give her the map, he carefully pulled out a thin folded parchment from his front pocket.

The map was very old, as Scarlet held it, she could feel any further contact with this crippling piece of paper, the map to uncover the unknown treasure and power they sought would perish.

As Scarlet carefully opened and laid it out on her desk, her eyes widened in wonder. It reminded of her childhood days with Fina, musing and pretending about finding buried treasures and such. And to think she finally had one in her hands.

But the inks were fading and some places on the map were already washed out, it would take time to piece this old map back.

"Have a seat, Princeling", another instruction. Scarlet's attention was still on the map, trailing her finger on the routes she could make out.

Other Princes and Nobles would feel insulted to be ordered around, but Zuber did not take offense. He heeded. Especially when he had entrusted this last fragile token, he ever had to the Captain who bored the same scar as his. To even entrust assistance from a foreign land, he really had done it.

He could only pray that he was taking the right deep plunge of faith to trust Captain Scarlet.

As Scarlet assessed the treasure map in front of her, Zuber glanced around.

Books abound and there were some stacks on the floor and on her desks. Various bookmarks in-between could be seen across the books he saw.

And a massive blackboard with the atlas of the world. Pins and strings of colours decorated the atlas.

He merely guessed. Possibly marks of conquest, trade routes secured maybe, anything really. He saw his vast homeland there, marked with fewer pins and strings. He assumed they were mostly trade routes, as the pins only marked the various ports of the continent.

As much as this Kingdom secured and conquered various nations and kingdoms, he was thankful that most of the Eastern lands were untouched by these Western nations.

Then, Scarlet stood and made her way to the atlas on the wide board. She was scribbling and circling. She was moving fast, not making any conversation with him.