Chapter 17

"Oh my, it's been awhile since I last stepped inside this room!" the Princess exclaimed as she took in her surroundings. "We used to play hide and seek here". She waltzed around, venturing deeper into the lanes of bookshelves, followed by Lance.

Scarlet and Lucas remained near the lounge where the suitors were now sitting upright, anxious.

What is this Warrior Circle they were talking about?

What do they want to discuss with them of?

These were all the unease these suitors felt. They also noticed a bunch of scrolls inside Lucas's bag, slung over his shoulder. Were those reports? About them?

It had only been a week, an intensive one, but still only a week. And there was already a bunch of scrolls prepared, possibly listing out all their movements and lack thereof.

"So, have any of you men discovered this castle's secrets?" Fina emerged and took a seat on a desk available.

The suitors did not know how to reply at such question. On the other hand, Dylan tried not to make his gulp evident. He had only been able to climb the rooftop once, after that, he was roped in with exhaustion, he didn't bother to explore or lurk around the castle ways.

"Let me rephrase that question, my apologies. Do you find any interesting things about our Kingdom? In this castle? Any thing or any one that caught your eye, I understand that some of you may want to court me out of political reasons, so if you mind telling me if you found a lover here, I would love to know who the lucky lady is", at such statement, Fina pretended to pout.

"Nonsense, we only have eyes for you, Princess", Jackel bravely said out loud.

Then Zuber added, "True, and besides Captain Scarlet had ensured us to be too tired to consider such sinful thoughts of thinking of another lady apart from you, Princess Fina", he managed a chuckle and even dared to glance at Scarlet as well, only to be met with a steel glare. He quickly turned to face Fina instead.

The other men were still amazed and puzzled at how Zuber managed to talk with ease, especially meeting the glare of Captain Scarlet.

"Ah, you flattered me", said Fina sweetly. "But you know, if I visit a castle or a palace, I would love to know their secrets, don't you think?" Fina felt that the common room here was rather untouched or maybe the men were very discreet in their pursuit of finding clues about the might of her Kingdom. Or maybe they were not that ambitious to know such things. Impossible. These men either wanted her for their own self-gratification or for the sake of their nation's interest. And if they chose the latter, they would and should have every reason to find out more about the Silverstorm's only Heir and Princess.

Or...she glanced at her companion.

Then again, her dear friend, Scarlet had worked them up to exhaustion this past week. Almost as though she was not giving these men a fair playing field. No chance at all.

Ah her friend loved to have the upper hand, after all.

"Well, I do understand you've been working hard with Captain Scarlet. I do appreciate the lengths you're taking, to do this, for me", Fina addressed the men with a sincere thank you.

The suitors were surprised to be acknowledged for their efforts. They were almost entranced, once again, by the Princess, even Dylan himself felt she was a darn charming Princess, indeed.

When Fina saw the surprise look on their face to be complimented so simply, she chuckled. Then she turned to Scarlet, "Oh my Scarlet, you should compliment them from time to time. It could probably encourage them to work harder".

Scarlet's eyebrows creased at such thoughts to praise these pampered men, "These men haven't earned them..." that made the suitors winced, "Not yet".

"Ever the harsh Captain", Lance quipped in.

Scarlet only said, "I'll take that, as a compliment".

Lance and Fina laughed.

"Well then, let's continue".

And the real discussion started.

Lucas pulled out one scroll after the other, which contained detailed information about each of these suitors, from their past background which led to them participate in this battle royale to the progress of their training with Scarlet.

They ran through one by one, and every men and ladies in this room had been made known of the suitors' weaknesses and strengths and backgrounds.

As a Prince, Neville felt so conscious for them to be able to detail out such things about him. His history, his fear. It was alarming if any other enemy knew this.

Dylan was more shocked to know that the Kingdom struck an agreement with his Mother by asking for his son to participate in this battle royale in exchange they kept his Mother's assassination attempt plan a secret from his Father, the King, or else war would be declared by the Silverstorm's Kingdom.

They let the information sank in. Some took the details quite well such as Zuber, Jackel and James. Neville and Dylan were not at ease.

"Now, don't worry so much. It won't influence how desirable or attractive you men are as a lover", Fina said as to ease the tense and quiet situation. "We won't discuss everything about you in those meeting. What are we, lovestruck little girls? There are other Generals and Captains presented that will have to discuss their matters as well. But I want to be transparent in some things. While we do our best to not jeopardize your dignity and your Kingdom's sovereignty, we are still required to deliver progress. The people pay tax for this battle royale to be taken place. Some greedy Generals would find ways to scrap this plan and yet steal this information to wage war instead", Fina took a deep breath. "I humbly ask for your trust on me, on my people, Captain Scarlet, Captain Lance and their men".

"But if you don't want to trust us", Scarlet added, "And instead you want to ally yourselves with the other Generals or Captains, then be prepared. They might promise you things but by the end of the day, war is their ultimate goal. I say this because some of your family members back home might consider them, so think carefully". At that, Dylan could've sworn Scarlet eyed him. As though, she was aware of something, no she knew something, about his Mother's next plan. And he knew nothing. "And if we ever find out that you struck such a deal with them, well", her dark eyes glinted, in warning "We have ways to dispose those that are deemed as threats..."

"Try your best to stay alive, men", said Lance with a taunting grin. Ah, another annoying one, thought Dylan, reminded that he was not fond with the Princess's cousin.

"I'd love to spend more time with you..." Fina said this with a smile, "And not in the way of executing through a trial".

Dylan's sweaty forehead that was drying started to perspire again.

His eyes suddenly made contact with Fina's, and he quickly averted. And then, he wondered, and maybe the other men wondered too. What actually happen to Ronald?