Noticing my hesitation, Dr. Curtis asked in that same awful southern accent that Mike uses on occasion, "Did you not understand my question, child?"

"I understood, sir. I think it means, if your business has a bad reputation then it probably won't be successful. On the other hand, a good reputation could be quite beneficial, lucrative even." I bit the inside of my lip and looked down at my lap as I waited to hear if he liked my answer.

"Lisa, you do realize that having basically grown up here, in addition to the fact you still reside here, I consider you and your sisters along with your two guardians of course, to be representatives of the NJC. Don't you?"

Despite not liking the direction this conversation was taking, I answered appropriately, "Yes sir."

"Now tell me this, child..." Dr. Curtis affixed his gaze on me intently. "Would you agree that as a representative of the NJC, your behaviour can not only influence the reputation of my organizations but also reflect negatively on me personally, in addition to your two guardians?"

"Yes, I suppose so, sir," I said looking at my hands, as I wrung them nervously in my lap.

Dr. Curtis swiftly grabbed my chin.

Gripping it tightly, he forced me to look him in the eye as he said in a frightening monotone, "Lisa Michelle, I sincerely hope your disrespect is unintentional because if not, I have a foolproof method of not only addressing it, but also correcting it in the process."

I didn't even realize he had picked up his paddle until I heard him slam it down forcefully on his desk.

"SO WHICH IS IT, YOUNG LADY?" he yelled, still firmly cupping my chin in one hand while brandishing his wicked paddle in the other.

I was literally saved by the bell as Dr. Curtis's intercom buzzed.

"Neil darling, may I speak to you please?" his administrative assistant Liz, asked sweetly.

Pressing the button rather forcefully, he responded, "Can it wait, luv? I'm in the middle of something."

"No, I'm afraid not, it's rather pressing, darling." Liz's voice had such a lovely calm lilt to it.

"Excuse me for a moment, Lisa, I'll be right back." Dr. Curtis's voice, on the other hand, was quite strained. He was clearly irritated by the interruption.

Neil's pov

"I've asked you not to interrupt me when I'm conducting business unless it's an emergency. What on earth is so pressing, luv?" I know damn well why my wife called me out here and I'm not amused.

"You're going rather hard on her, luv. Don't you think the boys have punished her enough already?" Liz batted her eyes at me in faux innocence. "I fear you're going overboard with your discipline, sweetheart." My beautiful wife momentarily distracted me from my displeasure with her intrusion by placing her hand high up on my thigh, squeezing gently as she slowly made her way up north.

I watched her silently until she was about to cross the border.

Quickly snatching her hand away, I leaned in close and whispered huskily in her ear, "You are well aware a frivolous, baseless concern is not an urgent matter and you should certainly know you are never to question my disciplinary measures. We've had this conversation on more than one occasion, luv, but apparently you're due for a refresher course." I kept my firm grip on her hand as I chastised her.

My gorgeous wife looked me directly in the eyes, never wavering for even a second. I both love and hate the fact that I have never been able to intimidate her. She pressed her lips together giving me a slight smile, her eyes twinkled with mischief as she firmly stood her ground.

"I just worry about the children, darling," she said, pretending to pout in a failed attempt to garner my sympathy.

"You have nothing to worry about when it comes to the children, luv, and you know that," I replied, trying to sound stern while suppressing a sly grin.

Liz lowered her head in mock shame, sticking her bottom lip out adorably.

"Obviously, you need a firm reminder of what happens when a little girl cries wolf too often." I pulled her to a standing position and sharply swatted her behind. Winking at her, I smirked and said, "Tonight, class will be in session. Don't be late, Ms., as I do punish tardiness severely." I gave her bottom a firm squeeze and a pinch before returning to my office.

Clearing my throat as I entered, I asked, "Now where were we?" speaking more to myself than Lisa, as I tried to get back on track.

"We were discussing the importance of reputation when it comes to business, sir," Lisa replied shyly.

"Lisa, I want you to understand it may take a long time to repair a damaged reputation and an even longer time to earn back the trust of your guardians once that trust has been broken."

Dr. Curtis succeeded in making me feel quite guilty for hurting Mike and Shane.

"I debated on the best way to teach you this lesson."

I gulped as Dr. Curtis picked up the paddle and tapped it against his palm while he spoke.

"Ultimately, I decided first-hand experience would be the best way for you to learn. If, however, that approach is unsuccessful, I want you to know there are other methods at my disposal." Dr. Curtis slapped the paddle against his palm, making me flinch at the sharp noise.

Seeing him return the paddle to his desk drawer, I breathed a sigh of relief.

"Here's what we're going to do, Lisa."

I braced myself for the worst.

"The next two weeks I have several meetings lined up that you will attend with me. I expect you to take copious, meticulous notes and conduct yourself in a professional manner. At the end of each workday, we will have a lengthy discussion about what you learned and you will provide me with specific examples citing how any damage to my reputation could have potentially changed the outcome of those meetings. Understand?"

"Yes sir," I replied, thinking to myself, these will be two very long weeks.