12

TODAY IS AN ORIENTATION/BACK-to-school night. An evening wherein each student's parents were allowed to come meet the teachers. For some odd reason, students were required to come, not the parents. To bribe the students into coming more willingly, teachers usually offered extra credit for those who showed. Even though it's supposedly mandatory, they never take attendance so half of the body skips anyways. I come for the extra credit of course.

Supposedly my parents are MIA, so Lisa has always taken the time to go in place of them. It's the one night I despise the most since I have to be around her the entire night. Almost everyone who passes us will say something regarding her, making her the popular queen bee of the night. I'm not jealous or anything, I just don't like Lisa.

We arrive separately like usual, I just text her my first class number, and she enters the room a couple minutes before the session begins. The students who did show up for the orientation, look at her for a couple fleeting seconds, before turning back ahead. Like always, Lalisa has the attention wherever she goes.

"Damn." It's not often that my older sister curses, so it catches me off guard. "Is that your English teacher?"

I nod. Then she snorts, her lips raise into what seems to be a half smirk. "He's hot."

"Are you drunk?" I whisper. "Why are you acting like this?"

"I'm very sober Mai." She hums. "You just don't know me very well. There's no harm in checking out a guy who is my age."

Yeah it's not wrong, but it's definitely weird. Considering the fact that Doyoung and I used to be a thing.

"I didn't know Yeonjun was in your class."

"Yeah, because I didn't tell you." I look at her. "And why exactly do you care?"

"Because you came to my restaurant on a date with him." She reminds. "You're my sister. I like to keep up with your life a little bit."

"Well, I'd appreciate if you didn't."

Lalisa sighs, then turns back to the front when Doyoung clears his throat to begin. She seems genuine, but I do not care. I seriously don't. Because she's not a good person. I just hope she'll stay out of it so she doesn't mess my life up more than she already has.

Somewhere during the presentation, I catch Yeonjun's eye when I turn around. Our silent conversation consists of him asking how I'm sitting next to Lisa so soundly. Honestly, I don't know either.

'She thinks you and I are talking.' I mouth. He raises a brow.

'Are we not?' After he says this, I stare at him with a bewildered expression for one more second, then turn back around in my seat. I don't recall us ever agreeing on that. It was just one simple date. Like a date between friends. Platonic.

Right?

It's not like we even hugged or kissed...or anything. We didn't even hold hands. But then again, that's not all a date should be defined to. I mean, Doyoung and I didn't really do much of the PDA either. Well, the P in PDA didn't apply to us either. More SDA. Secret Displays of Affection. At the thought of our tragic downfall, it sours my mood more.

"...I believe that bell signifies the end of our first shift, but if you guys have any questions, I'll be here."

"If you don't mind me, I'm going to shoot my shot." Lisa mutters and gets up. I grab her wrist, eyes wide.

"What?"

"He's cute. Let go of me." She successfully pries my hand off of her and begins walking forward.