We're Dating Now

En başından başla

I turn my head to look at Carl and he's glaring at the guy who turns back around to his friends. "Okay, but why do you care so much? I'm sure he's doing it to other girls."

"Because we're dating, remember?" Carl teases, not giving me a real answer. 

"So we're just going to sit here all night? I need to find Patrick..."

Carl pauses for a moment. "I mean, we don't have to sit here all night if you don't want to."

"I'm surprised your girlfriend's okay with this," I blurt out.

Carl laughs. "What? Of course she would be okay with this, she's sitting on my lap right now."

"No, I mean your real girlfriend, Carl. The one you were talking to earlier?"

"What? Y/N that's not my girlfriend," he chuckles. "She's a friend. Like you and Patrick."

I smile  and then quickly realize what I'm doing and stop.

"What was that smile for?" Carl asks. "Are you happy she's just a friend?"

"Well, yeah, we're dating, remember?" I tease. 

Carl smirks and pulls me closer to him, wrapping his arms around my stomach and kissing my neck. 

"Carl he's not even looking right now, it's okay," I tell him.

"I know," he says, not letting me go. 

After some time I say, "I think I'm gonna head out. I didn't want to come here but Patrick dragged me. I was going to wait for him, but could you just tell him for me?"

"I can't," he replies.

I sigh. "Why not?"

"Because I'm coming with you."

"Carl, it's okay, you don't have to keep up this act."

"It's not an act. I don't want him to hurt you. I'll walk you home," he says. 

"I'll be fine," I reassure him, standing up. Carl stands up next to me and places a hand on my back. 

"Let's go, I'm not going to let you walk alone." 

I cross my arms. "Carl, you don't have to. You're going to miss the rest of this... get-together."

Carl smiles. "Why would I want to be anywhere without my girlfriend?"

"Okay, fine," I giggle. "I just want to go home."

We exit the shack and a breath of relief escapes me as I feel the cool, night air. 

Carl chuckles. "You're always at Patrick's house that I don't even know where yours is."

"Actually, I live with Patrick and his family. His mom was reluctant, but finally let me in. I guess she realized I would have nowhere else to stay," I explain. 

Carl's face drops. "Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't mean it like that. But you could've asked me. My dad wouldn't have minded at all."

I shake my head. "Thanks, Carl, but it's all okay now." We stop in front of the house, and I turn to face him. "So I guess this is where we break up now?" I joke. 

"I guess so," Carl smiles, looking at the ground. "I mean, we don't have to break up just yet. You can stay with me tonight if you'd like," he suggests shyly. 

"Are you serious?" I ask.

"Oh, I'm so sorry I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable I shouldn't have asked-"

"No, I mean... I guess if we're still dating I should, right?" 

Carl laughs. "It would only make the most sense." He grabs my hand and leads my down the road towards his house. "My dad's probably still up but he won't care. He likes you; you're not annoying and you're a good worker."

"That's good to hear," I giggle. We enter his house and I expect to see Rick but I don't. 

"Probably in his room. Definitely not sleeping though," Carl says, reading my mind. 

I nod as he leads me up to his room. He hops on his bed and opens his arms. 

"Come on," he insists. 

"What?" I laugh.

"Come here and cuddle with me. I'm sad."

I walk over to him. "Why are you sad?"

"Because I don't have you in my arms yet," he whines. 

"Carl you can't actually be this serious about it... I thought you were just joking."

Carl rolls his eyes. "Am I gonna have to pick you up?"

I smile and fall onto the bed next to him and he immediately wraps me in his arms, getting as close to me as possible. 

"No I'm not joking," he says softly. "You are too damn cute, Y/N. For real."

I blush and hide my face in his chest. "Carl you're too sweet." I kiss his shoulder, and then his neck.

"Are those real kisses or fake ones?" he whispers.

"Real," I whisper back. "Very real."

"I was hoping you would see that."

"And why is that?" I ask. 

Carl slides up to sit and so do I. He lifts my chin up with his finger and presses his lips to mine. I deepen the kiss and he puts his hand on my cheek. "Because I wanted to give you a real kiss, too," Carl whispers onto my lips. 

My stomach fills with butterflies and I give him a quick kiss on the lips again before wrapping my arms around him and leaning my head on his shoulder. He hugs me back and kisses the top of my head. 

"We should date more often," Carl whispers. 

Yeah Carl, we should date more often. Please. Please let me.