you're toxic (i'm slipping under)

pairing; spencer reid x reader

warning(s); angst, toxic relationship.

You know those relationship's where you would think how the everloving fuck are they together? Where you would take one look at the two of them and know instantly that it wasn't a healthy relationship in the slightest?

Well, that was Y/N L/N and Dr. Spencer Reid. They were that couple.

It wasn't always that way, at first. There was a point where they did well and truly care for eachother — the love they shared for one another flowed through their veins and right into there hearts. Spencer would buy Y/N cute little gifts and she would return the favour one way or another.

But that all stopped. It didn't come to an abrupt end, one of them didn't wake up one day and decide to replace the love in their veins with...another emotion. It was a gradual thing, and it wasn't one sided either.

Instead of the little gifts Spencer left Y/N, he would glare at her and send her sneers. Insults being hurled her way every so often. She didn't back down though, she didn't cry, she didn't end things with him. No, she returned everything he did with if not more hatred.

Their friends — everyone at the BAU — no longer referred to them as the 'happy couple', they called them fire and gasoline. They fuelled one another's anger, one another's hatred and they were both getting burnt.

But they didn't care because they relished in it. Y/N L/N and Dr. Spencer Reid loved the pain they caused each other, they thrived off of it.

The two of them would get into an argument, objects being thrown along side the insults and then they would both seek comfort in someone else's arms.

Spencer would most likely go back to this one woman he met a couple months before he and Y/N got together and Y/N would pick up some random guy she met at a sleazy bar.

They would both pretend that the unfortunate person they chose to bed that night was the other. Y/N would imagine herself below Spencer and Spencer on top of Y/N.

So, they both went back to their share apartments. Y/N would apologise, then he would and then they would end up entangled in the bedsheets. Fake promises like, 'We're going to make this work' and 'Last time, I love you' would be exchanged between the two and they both genuinely believed that was the case.

They were poison everyone saw it. Hell, they both knew they were poison but the resentment they had for one another was too strong...

Y/N and Spencer were toxic and they were slipping under.