against orders

pairing; aaron hotchner x reader

warnings; swearing, some angst

About two weeks ago, you and the BAU were called in on a case

About two weeks ago, you and the BAU were called in on a case. Two women had turned up murdered and the local police wanted you to make sure another woman wouldn't be killed. The UnSub had only managed to kidnap the victim and didn't have enough time to kill her. However, when you went to go arrest the UnSub, he drew his gun on you and shot you. Three times, to be exact.

"Why not?!" You argued back, getting more annoyed by the second. You weren't about to give up quite yet. What were you two arguing about in the first place? Oh, just the fact that you wanted to go back to work and stop bad people from getting away with their disgusting crimes, no big deal right?

Wrong.

Apparently to Agent Aaron Hotchner, it was like you were asking to buy a pet unicorn or something. Yes, you understood why he was hesitant about going back at work when you were technically supposed to be on leave for another three weeks, but you were feeling better! Why couldn't the guy see that?

"Aaron, I'm fi-ine, really." You had managed to move slightly awkwardly which in turn, made you wince. You cursed inwardly at the terrible timing.

"I'm hanging up now." Hotch stated, making you bite your lip in exasperation. "Go to sleep, it's late."

"Whatever." You said. You registered the fact that you probably sounded like a teenager who hadn't got their way – which was what you were, minus the teenager part – but you couldn't care less right now.

Your phone bleeped signalling that he had indeed hung up, aggravating you further. Trying to release some of the anger bubbling up inside you, you threw your phone onto your bed with a huff. When that didn't work, you decided to throw yourself onto your bed.

You were laying there, face down on your mattress for about five minutes – could've been ten, who knows – when your brain concocted a plan. You knew what time Hotch got to the BAU, so you would just get there before he did. Sure, it will probably annoy the shit out of him, but again, you couldn't care less right now. He was annoying you, so why not annoy him back?