cheater, cheater

pairing: spencer reid x fem!reader

warnings: angst, literally just angst

authors note: me posting again, wtf??? 

Yours and Spencer's shared apartment used to be a place of solace, somewhere you could go and almost all of your worries would leave your body

Yours and Spencer's shared apartment used to be a place of solace, somewhere you could go and almost all of your worries would leave your body. It used to be where you would go when you wanted to feel instantly happier. It used to be home.

You were currently sat on the couch in the apartment, staring blankly at the television that was showing some shitty reruns on a comedy you had seen thousand times before. There was noise rooming from TV, but you couldn't decipher what it was saying. Your mind was too busy screaming at you.

You were unsure how long you had been sat in that position, suffocating under the weight of Spencer's old Caltech t-shirt with a fluffy blanket wrapped tightly around you in an effort to protect yourself. It wasn't working. Nothing was. Not now.

"[Y/N]?" The sound of none other than you boyfriend's voice rang through the almost silent apartment. You didn't hear him come in, you didn't even hear him unlock the damn door.

When Spencer walked in and noticed that all the lights were off, the only exception being the blue light from the television, he knew something was wrong. Then the sight of you sat staring at the screen further proved something had happened.

"Are you okay? What's wrong? Why are you sat in the dark?" So many questions, so many questions that you couldn't bring yourself to answer. You couldn't even bring yourself to speak. "[Y/N]."

You blinked slowly before turning and faced him, eyes void of any comfort. "How was JJ's?" Your voice lacked any ounce of warmth or happiness, a stark contrast to what it normally was.

"What?" He asks, causing you you to rolls your eyes.

"I said, how was JJ's?" You reiterate slowly, bordering on patronising.

Spencer furrowed his eyebrows, "I never went to JJ's."

You let out a humourless laugh, shaking your head in disbelief. You turn your head and face the now turned off TV, "You're unbelievable."

Spender put his satchel down on the floor by the door and throw the keys that were in his hand onto the kitchen table in annoyance. He went to go sit next to you but stopped when he heard you, "Don't."

He was so confused. He had no idea why you were being like this. "Okay, what is going on with you?"

You snap your head toward him so fast that he thought that you must have given yourself whiplash at the speed. "No. You don't get to do that."

"Do what? Ask you what's going on? What do you want me to do then?" He says harshly, slight venom making it's way into his tone.

"Not lie to me?" You spit out, staring daggers into his form.

"Lie to you about what?" He speaks louder than before, "I have no idea what you're going on about, [Y/N]."

You shake your head at him, a sneer making it's way upon your lips. "Let's start with how you're fucking JJ every other weekend. That seems like a good place to begin, don't you think?"

Spencer's eyes widen in surprise, his heart falling into his stomach. "That's not true..." Spencer winces slightly, so slight that it was barely noticable, but you seemed to notice.

You laugh, a proper laugh which seemed weird to Spencer since it didn't particularly match what was currently transpiring. "Even you could tell how much of a bullshit lie that was!"

Spencer let's out a breath he didn't realise he was holding. "I'm sorry." He didn't know what else to do but apologise. There was nothing else he coulddo. He had from your trust, your relationship, and thrown it away like it meant less than nothing to him.

"So am I..." You say quietly, pain evident. Never in a million years would you have thought that Spencer would cheat on you, especially with JJ. And it fucking hurt. Hurt more than you could ever imagine. It was like ten thousand teeny tiny needles were poking at your heart trying to make it explode.

Spencer bit his lip, "Where does this leave us?"

You fiddle with your hands, wrapping the blanket around you even more. "I have no idea."

It was true, you didn't know. One hand you wanted to carry on and act like it never happened, but on the other you knew you wouldn't be able to trust him again.

"I have no idea."

-

-

-

-

ORIGINALLY POSTED ON MY TUMBLR; LIVING-IN-A-CONSTANT-DAYDREAM