fade out

pairing; spencer reid x reader

warnings; fluff, mentions of a case but doesn't go into any detail whatsoever

Honestly, you weren't surprised in the slightest. You had always been a bit clumsy — especially in the most inconvenient of moments. For example, you could be getting a cup of coffee and then you'd trip over on literally nothing, causing the coffee to spill on yourself and onto the floor.

However, today you had totally out done yourself. You had just caught an UnSub who had been killing men who reminded her of her ex husband who left her after she lost her baby. Everything went smoothly until it...didn't. You, being you, walked into the road and ended up getting fucking hit by an oncoming vehicle. What are the odds? There was a literal serial killer two feet away from you and you had managed to get hit by a car.

Luckily, it wasn't very serious. Just a few scrapes and bruises and two broken ribs (which hurt like a bitch) but you were still taken to the hospital — well, more like forced to go the hospital by Hotch.

So here you were, laying in a hospital bed surrounded by your co-workers, your family.

"I can't believe that just happened." Emily chuckled, perched on the end of your bed.

"You and me both." You replied, wincing slightly when you tried to move. "But, hey. Could be worse."

The whole team started to converse with each other, making you smile. You hadn't really got on with you real family, they didn't agree with you joining the FBI. It's too dangerous yada yada yada. So when you did join, they didn't even try to hide their disappointment. But you didn't care. You had a family.

The BAU was your family.

You were so caught up in your mind, that when you eventually came back, you hadn't realised you had accidentally zoned in on Spencer. You had liked the boy genius for a while now but you were always so scared to actually say anything. Therefore, you kept your feelings to yourself and prayed that they never actually came to light.

Until right now. In your hospital bed after getting hit by a car.

Here you were, practically ogling Spencer Reid surrounded by a team of profilers. You were basically examining his face at this point. You started with his eyes, admiring how they were a shade of hazel, then moved onto his cute little button nose, and finally his lips that you wanted to kiss oh-so much.

You didn't even notice that Spencer was grinning back at you until you caught his eye. You widened your in surprise, a blush creeping up your neck. You hoped that you had covered for yourself by looking away, but apparently not.

The fucking heart monitor went off, signifying that your heart rate had increased quite significantly.

"Well shit." You mumbled to yourself.

The rest of the team stopped talking to each other and looked towards you, concern on their faces. At first they thought that something had gone wrong but instead they were met with an extremely red you.

Spencer chuckled, his heart rate picking up a bit as well. "Are you okay, y/n?"

You snapped your head to him, and glared slightly (although you had a smile on your face). "I thought you were a doctor, surely you would know?"

You knew that he wasn't that kind of doctor, but it didn't hurt to fuck with him. And it worked...kind of.

He was now smirking which increased your heart rate which, in turn, set the heart monitor off again. "Oh for fuck sake."

Thankfully, most of the team had left your hospital room (they all guessed what was going on) and left you alone with Spencer.

"You know," he started, moving to sit on your bed where Emily once was. "if you wanted to tell me you liked me, you didn't have to tell me like that."

You sent a pointed look his way, "Well now I'm just not going to tell you, so ha." Once you realised what you said, you widened your eyes. Fuck.

Spencer snorted, "I think you'll find you just did."

"Yeah, yeah." You rolled your eyes at him, smiling to yourself.

"I like you too." His confession took your by surprised, your head snapping to face him.

"Come again?" You wanted to make sure you had heard him right and it wasn't the morphine they had previously given you.

"I. Like. You. Too." He practically spelt it out, you rolling your eyes once again at his theatrics.

"So,"

"So."

"What now?" You asked, slightly confused to where you go from here.

"I was thinking...this." Spencer leant in towards you. Your eyes fluttered closed a few seconds before you felt his soft lips press against your own. It didn't last long, but it lasted long enough.

"Huh," You said.

Spencer frowned at you, "What?"

"I guess being clumsy comes in handy." You smirked at him. "Sometimes."

"Sometimes." He replied, smiling down at you. His smile made everything else fade out, it was just him and you together. Smiling and enjoying each others company with love in your hearts.