A Gift With Feelings

Start from the beginning

She looks to me and smiles. "Oh you look beautiful!"

I smile. "Thank you, so do you."

"Thank you." She curtsies as the two of us giggle. "I'm here to let you know the men have arrived." She tells me once our giggling has calmed down.

"Really?" I look to her with hope and a big smile.

She nods with a smile. "Yes, they are. And I think one of them is anxious to see you."

My face glows with excitement at the fact Hiccup actually wants to see me. I'm not usually this excited about seeing someone, at least someone who isn't family. But something about Hiccup seems to bring out my most hidden emotions. I never fully like like this in the past, but with the past few days I've known him, I've been more interested in spending more time with him. Especially after last night.

"Let's go!" I giggle and grab her hand, dragging her toward the stairs.

"Whoa! Slow down there missy!" She laughs as I pull her.

I stop before we turn the corner and giggle nervously. "Sorry."

She smiles and chuckles a bit. "I don't think I've seen you this excited to see anyone. Especially a man you've only known for a week."

I blush. "Well, he's really kind and sweet. He's different than others that I've met. He's interesting, and I want to know more about him. Besides, I would have to say the same thing about you and Jack. You seem quite taken with him."

I watch as her cheeks deepen in color. "Well, he's actually quite the gentleman."

"Oh is he now?" I look to her with a smirk.

She nods. "Yes, and he also has quite the humor as well."

"Well, then he must be some lucky guy. Because not many guys can get you to laugh." I say.

"He certainly has a unique personality. Now, enough talk about them, let's go see them."

I nod in agreement and the two of us walk around the corner. As soon as we turn the corner and stand in front of the stairs, I look at the bottom to see both Hiccup and Jack talking to one another. Hiccup has his back toward us while Jack faces us. I watch Jack glance up our way before looking ahead back to Hiccup. I smile a bit when I notice him stop talking and look back up at us, his eyes focused on Elsa. His mouth falling open as she descends.

Once Elsa reaches the bottom, she greets both the men before looking up at me with a smile. I smile to her and go to take my first step down when I notice Hiccup look my way. He gives a similar reaction as Jack when I start walking the steps. Though the difference between the two is that Hiccup's focus is more on me than anyone else in the room. He pays no mind to Jack when he starts talking to Elsa, keeping his entire focus on me. I blush a bit to myself and smile as I walk down and stop in front of him.

"Whoa... You..." He clears his throat, "you look amazing."

I feel my cheeks grow hotter and instinctively go to brush nonexistent hair behind my ear. "Thank you."

The two of us look to one another for a long moment before we both hear my sister clear her throat. We both look over to her with red cheeks and see her giggle.

"Shall we make our way to the garden?" She asks us.

I nod and start walking with the rest of them toward the garden. Since the day has been nice to us so far, we decided to have dinner outside, though it won't be ready for awhile. Once in the garden, I will be able to officially thank Hiccup for all that he's done for me in the past 24 hours. Without him, who knows where I would be right now. Most likely still asleep if he hadn't come and woken me up, or I would've ended up waking up and walking myself home. But, he was there and I need to thank him.