Chapter Six- The Grave

Marty confused, cold, and alone left the 27th floor of 'Biff's Pleasure Paradise'. His mother, who didn't look like his mother, had just told him that George Mcfly was dead. He didn't know how things had gotten so messed up. He needed to find his father's grave and then go find Doc and Y/n. 'Oh, and Y/n must be scared out of her mind.' he thought. 

Y/n was worried but she knew she could handle herself. She was extremely worried about Marty. Doc suggested that they wait for Marty at the cemetery, he knew that Marty would go there after hearing about his father, it was just a matter of time. 

"Uncle Doc, what if he doesn't come, what if something is wrong? What if he's hurt!?" Y/n said almost crying. Y/n couldn't think about Marty being hurt, it made her feel like she couldn't breathe. 

"I know your worried, Y/n. So if he doesn't show up in the next hour we'll go looking for him okay?" Doc said trying to comfort his niece. He had never seen Y/n like this before. 'They must really be in love' Doc thought to himself, remembering how Marty acted earlier when Y/n was taken to Hilldale and then passed out. 

Marty needed to see his father's grave, he just had too. He walked into the cementary and searched for his father's grave. He held a flashlight and searched around looking at the different gravestones. Then he saw it. 

George Douglas McFly Born April 1st, 1938  Died March 15th, 1973 

"No! Oh please god! No! No, this can't be happening!" Marty said, dropping to his knees. All of a sudden there was a creek behind him and he turned around to see Doc and Y/n. 

"I'm afraid it is happening Marty, All of it!" Doc said. Y/n ran to Marty pulling him into her arms. She could tell he was crying, he dropped his head to her chest, glad that she was here with him. Y/n hugged him, comfortingly. She kissed the top of his head lovingly. 

"I figured when you heard about your father, you'd come here."Doc continued. 

"Then you know what happened to him, you know what happened March 15th, 1973?" Marty said lifting his head up from Y/n's chest. "Yes, Marty we know." Y/n said. 

They went back to Docs garage, Y/n didn't bother to ask why it looked so different, she didn't feel like it was the time or place to ask.  Y/n showed Marty the newspaper, it said 'George McFly Murdered.' 

"Y/n and I went to the public libary to make sense out of all the madness," Doc said. 

"The place was boarded up, shut down, so we broke in borrowed some newspapers." Y/n said while Marty looked through them. "I don't get it Doc! I mean how can this be happening? It's like were in hell or something." Marty said. 

"Oh Eine, I'm sorry boy," Y/n said to the dog, "Why is the lab, an awful, awful mess?" She asked, not expecting an answer from the dog. She turned over what looked to be a dog bed and Einstein sat in it. "Atta boy," she said.

"Obvisouly, the time continuum has been disrupted creating this new temporal event sequence resulting in this reailty!" Doc explained.  Marty looked back at him and Y/n came to stand next to him. He gradded her hand. 

"English Doc," Marty said, knowing full well that his girlfriend knew what was being said and not him. 

Y/n let go of Marty's hand and said, "Here, here, here. Uncle Doc let me illustrate." Y/n said picking up a peice of chalk. Marty leaned down and whispered to her, "What would I do without you,"  Y/n giggled and wrote on the chalk board. 

"Imagine this line represents time. Here is the present 1985, the future and the past. Prior to this point in time, somewhere in the past, the timeline skewed into this tangent creating an alternate 1985. Alternate to you, me, and Uncle Doc, but reality to everyone else. Right Uncle Doc!" Y/n said. 

Marty looked super impressed, falling in love with the girl all over again. Doc nodded and went to the Delorean, he took out the cane and the bag the sports almanac came in. 

"Recognize this.." Doc trailed off. "It's the bag that sports almanac you bought came in, future boy." Y/n said walking up to Doc and Marty from the chalkboard. "Along with this," Y/n continued. Doc held up the top part of Biffs cane and Y/n pointed to it. 

"It's the top of Biff's cane, old Biff from the future," Marty said grabbing it from Doc. "We know," Doc and Y/n said at the same time. 

"It was in the time machine because Biff was in the time machine with the sports almanac." Doc said. "Holy shit" Marty mumbled. 'Boy is he slow' Y/n said rolling her eyes internally. 

"You see while we were in the future, Biff got the sportsbook, stole the time machine, and went back in time!" Y/n exclaimed. "He then gave the book to himself at some point in the past." Doc continued.

"It says here that Biff made his first million betting on a horse race, look what's in his pocket.." Doc trailed off. He held up a maginfying glass to the newspaper he was reading. Marty looked at what Doc pointed to and said "Son of a Bitch, stole my idea!" 

"Marty!" Y/n said turning her head around. "You can't be serious?" She continued annoyed by her boyfriend's actions. 

Marty then realized, "This is my fault! If I had never bought that stupid book, none of this would have happened!" Marty exclaimed. 

"It's all in the past," Y/n said shaking her head, Marty gradded her hand and said, "You mean the future," 

"Whatever!" Doc exclaimed, "It demonstrates how time travel can be misused and why the time machine must be destroyed, after we staighten all of this out." Doc said. 

"Right, so we go back to the future, and we stop Biff from stealing the time machine." Marty said. 

Y/n shook her head and turned to Marty, still holing his hand. "No, honey. We can't do that because if we travel into the future from this point in time, it will be the future of this reality." she said. 

"In which, Biff is corrupt and powerful and is married to my mom.." Marty trailed off. 

"And in which this happens to me and Y/n," Doc suddenly said holding up a newspaper to the two teens. The newspaper said, 'Emmet Brown and Y/n Cornelia Brown Committed'. 

Y/n stared at the newspaper and Marty pulled her closer to him, protectively. "No" Marty and Y/n said at the same time.  

"We have to find out the exact date and the specfic circumstances of how, where and when Young Biff got his hands on that sports almanc." Doc said. 

"I'll ask him." Marty said.