Chapter 27

As soon as the words leaves from Scar's mouth the doubt Ad had goes confirming that somehow Scar is responsible for all the chaos that has been happening around. Try as he might he can't bring himself to look at her without having any accusation her way so he just leaves her to look after the mandrake.

"What's the deal?"

"Not now Dante, not now"

"So, what you are just going to leave her with him like that? What's up with you?" Dante stops him

"I can't stand her right now, even if my heart says she has nothing to do with everything my mind it's against her and I don't want to be near her because I know I will say few things that will hurt her which I can't"

"So, what the first problem occurs in your lives and you just shut her? Ad, seriously man what the fuck? What are you so scared of anyway?

May be she doesn't have anything to do with all of this, just because she grew up with these things doesn't mean she is to blame, just calm the fuck down and go see her...

She must be as confused as all of us so give her some time as well your support" Dante tries to make him see reason

Ad looks at Dante speechless, thinking when did the fucker started to care for anyone but himself as well when did he finally grew up?

"What, don't look at me like that I can be a sensitive person when needed, the moment Jean arrived my whole existence has been given a new meaning. I'm a changed mother fucker" Dante wiggles his brow

"That you are, a mother fucker" Ad grumbles before turning to get his wife back they definitely have a lot of things to discuss

*******

Ad watches his wife as she is surrounded by the triplets while she is feeding the mandrake as if it was everyday occurrence.

Scar smiles as the mandrake eats the food that has been provided he keeps looking at her every few times before nibbling again while the triplets are looking at him wide eyed.

"So, are you here alone?" Alex asks as curiosity kills him

When he doesn't get any reply he looks at others and pouts, before eyeing Ad who is looking at them straight face.

Nudging Scar he points at Ad and she finally looks at him. She walks up to him and sits on his lap pecking him on the cheek.

"What is it?" she asks holding his hands

"Why didn't you told me about all of this?" he asks accusation written all over his face

"Ho...I didn't thought much about it" she confesses to him

"Love; due to your thinking I could have lost a lot of my pack members, do you know how many of these things are right now digging hole on my land from underneath?

I can't even go kill any one of them as it seems they are immune to us but we aren't to them...

So, please tell me what am I suppose to do with them?" Ad asks her

Scar just bites her lips not knowing what to tell him as she has no clue what to do about any of this.

"Um...uh..." she shutters

"Can he talk?" Ad sighs pointing at the mandrake and she shakes her head no

"Can you tell me how they were even made, like this?" he asks again but she just stares at the mandrake who is hissing at Alex who has been pulling his tail

"I had one hamster, he was my first friend. Daddy had brought him home when I told him I wanted a pet, his name was ham like hamburger; I used to carry him everywhere I go he couldn't walk properly...