"Bon coneur ne peut mentir"

Laying my head into my open hands, I tried to straighten out my thoughts before I spoke. I stayed that way for a few minutes, long enough for Dad to pour another glass of whiskey.

"Why?" Was the first thing that came out my mouth, "Why after all these years," I looked up at them both, "Why didn't you say something before?"

"Honey," Mom starts as she goes to lay her hand on mine that was in my lap. Moving back from her a bit she stops as she says, "We weren't sure how to go about this."

"You could have started by talking." I looked between the both of them, "The aura's the nightmares, you knew what was happening and yet you made me think that I was crazy."

"Annabelle we didn't want you to freak out." Says Dad.

"You didn't want me to freak out? Are you kidding?!" I stood up and began to pace, "I thought I was insane, on the bridge of getting put in one of those mental places! The least you could've done was tell me 'Oh Anna your fine you're just,'"

"Going through the transition to harness the abilities needed to save the witches."

I stopped as I stared at Dad, "I'm sorry," pulling at my ear I say, "Repeat that?"

Dad takes a drink and repeats what he said as I stared at him baffled, "You're joking right?"

He shakes his head along with mom, "Not even the slightest."

I looked between the both of them and did what they least expected, I laughed and they both looked at me surprised.

"Is she?" My dad stopped as he looks up at my mom.

"Shock," Mom whispers as she stands, "Sweetheart maybe you need to sit."

"No," was all I said as I shook my head.

I didn't yell it, nor did I raise my voice even the slightest, and yet the ground shook, causing all of Mom's China glasses to shake. The both of them looked at me as my mom stares at me in shock.

"She's going to wear herself out." Mom says to Dad, "She's not fully there yet and,"

Dad office phone began to ring, just as mom cell goes off. Dad looks at mom as he stands, "I should take that."

"Dad-" I start to say he just shakes his head.

"It's work and I have to take it." he says.

Turning he headed out the room as I turned and looked to my mom, "I just wanted to know why, and yet you can't even take the time to tell Me."

"Sweetheart you don't understand." She says as her phone stops ringing and starts back again.

"Then explain it to me. Tell me what's going on. Are you my parents or not?"

She sighs as she says, "How you were born makes no difference to us. We love you all the same and," her phone starts ringing again, "I need to take this."

"No, talk to me. Tell me what's going on." I say desperately, "In the hospital you told me that I was in danger, in danger how? Is someone coming after me?"

As her phone buzzed she says, "We have to finish this later."

"No," I say firmly, "Tell me, please just tell me now."

"I can't." she says, "It's too complicated and you won't understand."

"Then help me understand!"

"Annabelle,"

I shake my head, "I understand clearly. Work comes first like always and I'm continued to be left in the dark." Shaking my head, she wasn't going to tell me anything. Walking to the table I grabbed my keys and my phone as I say, "No worries I'll find out myself."