Invitation? (Long)

"Annabelle!"

Grabbing my jacket, and phone as I headed down the stairs.

"Yes dad?" I say as I round the counter walking into the kitchen.

"Bacon?" he ask as he holds up a plate filled with bacon.

I smile as I grab two out of the plate, "When have I ever turned down bacon?"

He smiles as I take a bite of my bacon, "Never." Looking at my jacket he says, "You heading out?"

I nod as I swallow the piece of bacon I was chewing, "Ashton is picking me up, we're heading over to the music store."

"Spending your Saturday at the music store? He broke his sticks again?"

I nod, "No, he needs a new drum set. His brother Harry messed up his other."

"Ah, little brothers tend to break a lot of things."

"Little brothers are a pain in the butt." I say.

Dad laughs, "I vaguely remembered Daniel saying that about little Sisters and he seemed to pull you under his wing."

"That is different."

"Oh really? How so?"

"Simple." I smile as I eat my bacon, "Girls are better."

"That's not true." Says Daniel as he walks in behind me, "Boys are better. Having a sister is a hassle you have to make sure they are safe, and also that they aren't being pushed over by some jerk."

"Daughters are the worst. We can train our sons not to be dicks towards female, but its hard when it's our daughters who fall for guy." Says my dad.

Looking between the two I say, "You know it's not fair when you two double team up on me and mom isn't here."

"She isn't?" asked Daniel.

I shook my head, "I saw her before the sun came up sneaking out the door in her uniform."

"3 days home and she goes back to work?" asked Daniel.

"You know how your mother doesn't like sitting around not doing anything." Says Dad.

"But she's supposed to be resting." Says Daniel.

"Mom is always supposed to be resting." I say as I walk to the fridge grabbing a bottle of apple juice.

"She's only doing half a shift, and it's mostly paperwork so the doctor cleared her." Says Dad.

A car horn blares from outside as I say, "That's my ride." Kissing my dad on the cheek as I kiss Daniel on his as I say, "See you later."

"You going out with Styles or something?" asked Daniel.

I shook my head, "Asher."

"Did you finish the Greek paper?" my dad called after me.

"Turned it in yesterday." Waving I say, "Bye."

Rushing out the door I headed down the stairs and down the walk way as I opened the door and got into the car.

"Anna banana! What's up?" smiles Ashton as he shifts his car into drive.

"Nothing, much. You hear from Char?" I ask buckling up my seat belt.

He shakes his head, "Nope, not since she said that her and her mom was going to the car lot. What about you?"

I shook my head, "I texted her, but I guess her phone is dead." Looking at him I say, "It's been over 15 minutes."