Drawings

For the last two days I paced around the house, wondering if I should call Harry or not. I knew for a fact that I wasn’t dreaming, he did answer me. I think. Glancing down at my wrist I ran my thumb over where the silver paw print laid as I looked up and out my window. The sun was just rising over the horizon, as a knock comes upon my door.

“Come in.” I call out.

The door opens as my mom walks in, “Good morning.”

“Good morning mom.”

Looking around, mom spots my already made bed as she says, “And here I thought I would do the honors of waking you up this morning. How long have you been up?”

I shrugged, “I couldn’t sleep.”

“Is everything okay?”

I nod, “Yeah, just a lot going on with school and stuff.”

Sitting on the edge of the bed she looks at me, “Want to talk about it?”

“No, I’m good.”

Worry crossed her face as she nods.

“What’s wrong?” I ask.

“Nothing it’s just,” she takes a breath, “I’m just worry about you honey. With everything starting up again.”

“Mom, nothing is starting up again.”

“You can deny all you want, but the signs are there.”

“The signs?” I fold my arms, “What signs?”

“Your moody, you’re not sleeping, your barely going out like you use to, and,”

“And what?”

“And I saw that you’re drawing again.”

“When has my drawing count as a ‘sign’. I’ve been drawing ever since I was little.”

She nods, “Yes I know, but your father and I have notice that you usually only draw as explicit as you do when your bothered by your dreams again.”

“You went looking through my stuff?”

“No, I just came in when you fell asleep on the couch yesterday to get your dirty clothes and I saw them.”

“They were up under my mattress, you couldn’t have ‘just saw’ them.”

My mom said nothing.

Shaking my head I say, “I deserve privacy in this house. You swore that when we got here you wouldn’t hover or snoop, and look what you’re doing.”

“I’m just worry honey.”

“If you were worried, you would have just asked, not gone snooping in my stuff.”

“I did ask, and you don’t give me straight answers.”

“Because there is nothing to worry about.” I say.

“Annabelle, listen,”

Grabbing my jacket, drawing folder that I kept under my bed, and my bag I say, “I have to go.”

“But you going to be early, what about breakfast?”

“I grab something on the way. Talk to you later.” I say as I walk to her and kiss her cheek before I walk out.

---------------- 

Getting behind the wheel of my car I started it up as I drove to a knock off Starbucks. School started in about 30 minutes. Kids were already arriving but for me I was early. Getting out the car I grabbed my bag, and my art folder and headed to Miss  Jackson.