The BBQ

Happy Friday!! xxTorrie

Anna POV

Waking up this morning butterflies filled my stomach as I remembered that I was going over to Harry’s for a BBQ. Getting in last night it was hard to wrap my head around the fact that Harry had just turned into Wolfy right in front of me.

“Harry turned into a wolf in front of me.” I say in a low whisper to myself.

As crazy as it sounded thinking it, it sounded even crazier when I said it out loud. And to make things even crazier, Harry was right. Walking into my room just before 2am Daniel was sitting at the edge of my bed pissed. He wanted to know why I left with Harry, where did we go? And a ton of other questions. I was tired and didn’t feel like listening to him, so in the most polite way possible I explained to him that I was not a child and that I’m pretty sure he is just being that protective big brother but that I’m allow to make mistakes, that it’s the way of growing up. Making mistakes and learning from them. Daniel didn’t like the idea but he reluctantly agreed and just gave me a fair warning to give to Harry, that if he hurts me he and the football team would come after him. Like him and the football team could actually take on Harry.

Rolling over in bed I notice that the time was now 11:30am and Harry would be here at 3. Getting up I went to shower and to pick out outfits to wear. It was a fairly easy decision, I knew Harry would come pick me up on his bike, so that knocked out skirts, and dresses. Which left pants, and shorts. Checking the weather on my phone I saw how it was going to be hot so the left me wearing shorts. Pairing a pair of converse, a tank top, and small jacket.

Grabbing on of my off the shoulder bags I picked up Harry’s sweater that he gave me last night and the beanie, as I stuck it inside along with my phone, charger and my wallet. Getting dress took me about 10 minutes and doing my hair in loose curls took me about an hour to 2. By the time was done with everything, including cleaning up my room and the bathroom of my mess to pass time faster, the clock read 2:15pm. Grabbing my bag I headed downstairs surprised that my mom was in the kitchen.

“Hey honey.” She says as she glances up from reading a magazine and drinking coffee, she was wearing her nursing scrubs.

“Hey mom, what are you doing home?” I ask as I walk to the fridge to pull out a water bottle.

“Later shift tonight.” She says as she looks up at me, “You look pretty. Where are you and Char going?”

“Char has cheer duties today,” I say, “I’m going to a BBQ.”

“With Ashton?”

I shook my head, “No with Harry.”

She looks at me, “I don’t know of a Harry.”

“Yeah, he is kind of new at school?”

“Oh?” she says sipping her coffee, “Does Daniel know him?”

I nod, “They play on the football team together.”

“So his a jock?”

I nod.

“Well that’s surprising.” She says, “I didn’t think that you had a thing for jocks, well with the exception of Carter.”

“I don’t have a problem with Jocks, most of them are just hornbuckets that want to sleep with everyone.” I say.

“So tell me about this Harry character. What grade is in? Does he live around here? Is he cute?”

Leaning against the counter I say, “He’s a junior, he lives like about 15 minutes from here and yes he’s cute.”