"Already? That's amazing. I'm proud of you" She says as she puts her clothes on.

"I didn't finish" I say as I get up.

"Oh? What are you being promoted to?" She asked confused.

"Adelyn's assistant" I say as she raises an eyebrow.

"Definitely not" Says Jane.

"I could either take it or remain an intern, I guess they told me to think about it and give them an answer" I say.

"They? Who's they?" Asks Jane.

"Adelyn and Leo" I say.

"Turn them down. Stay an intern" Says Jane.

"See an intern doesn't get paid but an assistant gets a good salary" I say to her.

"The answer is no" Says Jane.

"I had a feeling you'd say that" I say.

"You don't need a salary. I can give you money. How much do you want?" Says Jane as she grabs her wallet.

"I don't want your money Jane" I say.

"I don't want you around that woman" Says Jane.

"That'll be hard seeing as I work at her department" I say.

"Then find another job" Says Jane.

"You're being unreasonable" I say to her.

"You seem uneasy around her. Why would you want to be her assistant?" Asks Jane.

"I'd rather be an assistant than an intern" I say to her.

"Then be my assistant, that way I can pay you" She says as she kisses me.

Oh Jane. Cash has been low recently but I can't tell you that because you'll just hand it to me, I don't want your money, I wanna make my own. I'm an intern so I don't get a paycheck, being Adelyn's assistant means I'll be getting a nice paycheck... I don't know what to do... your birthday is coming up. The way things are going now I might not be able to afford you a gift... do I accept Adelyn's offer? My gut tells me I shouldn't but my mind tells me it would help in the long run...

I try not to worry about it as I shower and get ready for work.

"Pick you up at 6?" Says Jane as she drops me off.

"Sure. Have a great day at work babe" I say as I smile at her.

"Laterz babe" She smiled.

"Laterz babe" I laugh as she drove off.

I walk into Diamond Star unsure of what my decision would be, Adelyn is expecting an answer so I'll have to give her one soon...

"Yo Kate" Says Josh as he called out.

"Good morning Josh" I say to him.

"You look deep in thought" Asks Josh.

"I'm just thinking about Adelyn's offer" I sigh.

"There's nothing to think about, don't take it" Says Josh.

"Taking that offer would help me financially" I say as we walk to the elevator.

"Financially? Your girlfriend is a billionaire" Says Josh as we enter the elevator.

"I don't want Jane for her money, I'd rather make my own, I don't want it handed to me just like that" I say to him.

"How noble" Says Josh.

"I think I'll take the offer. I could use the experience" I say to Josh.

"I wish you didn't but that's not up to me but be very careful" Warned Josh.

"She's not dangerous is she?" I ask.

"No no, she's just shady" Says Josh as I laugh.

"Well this is my floor" I say as I get out.

"Have a good day Kate" Says Josh.

"You too Josh" I smile as the elevator door closed.

"Kate" Says Adelyn as she appears in front me.

"Adelyn! You scared me" I say to her.

"Sorry. Didn't mean to frighten you. Have you given any thought to becoming my assistant?" She says.

"I need to know one thing" I say.

"What is it?" She asks.

"Why are you giving me this position so early?" I ask.

"Because I see your worth, you've impressed me. You're always on time, you multitask, you type fast and you're very attentive, never afraid to say the truth. Those are great qualities in the Publishing industry" Says Adelyn.

"That's very thoughtful. Thank you Adelyn" I say.

"You're a great asset here, I admire your skills so... will you take the job?" Asks Adelyn.

"Yeah. I accept" I say as she smiled.

Who thought the devil could smile? When I met her she seemed so intimidating and scary but now it's almost like she warmed up to me.

"Okay good. You'll start as my assistant tomorrow, I won't be in all day, you're stuck with Anna today" Says Adelyn as Anna approached.

"Very well" I say to her as she headed back into her office.

"Good morning Kate" Smiled Anna.

"Good morning" I smile back.

"Everything okay? You seemed really shook up last night" She asked.

"Yeah everything's fine. What's on the agenda today?" I ask.

"Not much. It's gonna be a boring day today. We met the deadline so there's not much for us to do right now. There's some documents we can type up though" She explained.

The day dragged along, she was right, there wasn't much for us to do today. I blew a sigh of relief as 6pm came.

Adelyn then walked in as I was grabbing my bag.

"Heading home? Wanna have a drink?" She asked.

"I can't. Gotta meet Jane" I say as she immediately turned sour.

"So invite her too" Says Adelyn as she headed to her office.

"I'll ask" I say with no intention of asking Jane anything.

I then grabbed my bag as I notice a draft on the table. It was draft that Anna was typing up. I pick it up as my eyes widen.. this handwriting is the same one as the person who wrote that note... that's why the penmanship of that note looked so familiar. I typed up the Key of the Stary Heavens draft last week, it was the draft Anna wrote.. this is the same handwriting... I'm sure of it.

"Everything okay?" Says Anna as she crept up behind me and I drop the draft to the floor.

"Anna. You scared me" I say as she pick the draft up. She then gave me a look that gave me the chills.

"Are you okay?" She asked as she looked me dead in the eye.

"Yes. Everything's fine" I gulp.

"You seem shaky.." She says.

"No. I gotta go. Jane is waiting for me" I say as I dart off.

"Tell her I said hi" She says as I was brought to a halt.

"You know her?" I say turning back.

"Anna" Says Adelyn as she calls out to her.

"Duty calls" She smiled as she heads to Adelyn's office.

It couldn't be you could it? Anna... You're the stalker?