Chapter 26

Kate's Pov

"Let's head inside" Says Jane as the sun sets.

"Yeah. I could use a bath" I say.

"If we keep following the path upwards, we'll reach the house" Says Jane. We followed the path as it led to the house.

"It takes ten minutes to get from the house to here? There was a shortcut? Then why'd you make us walk all the way through the forest?" I say as I smack her.

"It's not about the destination, it's about the journey. You taught me that" Says Jane as she walked ahead of me as my eyes widen.

She was right, I've been paying attention to the destination but worrying about the journey. I swear it's like our personalities switched. She seemed to be the considerate one and I seemed to be the moody one.

"Sorry Jane" I say apologetically.

"It's okay" She smiles.

"I don't know what's gotten into.." I say as she interrupts me with a kiss.

"You really do know how to shut me up don't you" I sigh as we reach the door. Jane then opened it, it was quite spacious, it was 10 times bigger than her apartment.

"I'll get the firewood, take a shower" Says Jane as she goes to the fireplace.

"Where's the shower?" I ask.

"Upstairs, walk through the hallway, it's the door to the left" Says Jane.

I head upstairs and took a warm shower, changed my clothes and headed downstairs.

"How was your shower?" Asks Jane.

"Was great. The caretaker made us dinner. I'll go shower and then we'll have dinner together" She says as she kisses my forehead.

We then sat on the couch as we ate our dinner, we had sautéed chicken and mashed potatoes. Jane looked down for some reason. I wonder what's going on with her? She's been so quiet ever since we came back.

"Are you okay Jane?" I ask.

"Yeah I'm alright but we need to talk" She says which quickly caught my attention.

"About?" I saycuriously.

"About us" She says as she looks at me with her puppy dog eyes.

"What's going on?" I ask.

"Come on, there's something I'd like to show you" She says as we put our plates away and washed our hands. She then took me outside and led me to a ladder.

"Where are you taking me?" I ask.

"Stargazing. The stars aren't properly visible in the city but here without all the lights, they shine so brightly" She says as I reach the top.

"This is a nice view" I say staring at the ocean.

She then spread a blanket on the ground as we lay together, I put her fingers in mine as they intertwined. The stars sparkles so beautifully that night, it's like they were shining just for us.

"I date men that look like my father, I punish them cause it's like punishing him, do you remember me telling you this?" Asks Jane.

"No you didn't tell me" I say.

"Oh right, yeah you were asleep when I told you" Says Jane.

"When two people are in a union, you have to make sure the other person is fully conscious before you say important things like this Ms. Connor" I say.

"Your sarcasm knows no bounds Ms. Williams" Says Jane.

"I already figured it out, seeing your birth mothers picture proved my theory was right" I say.