Chapter 68

Kate's Pov

I had that dream, one I have had many times before.. the most tragic time of my life, after that incident I couldn't eat.. I couldn't sleep, it always kept haunting me, even now.. I thought I was freed from this never-ending curse. You Jane, you helped me.. you helped me get through it.. at least I thought I did, now it's just a reoccurring nightmare.

Leona Teller, after that meeting with you today.. I'm left confused and baffled, this is something I need to talk to Jane about but this is something I must find the answer to myself.

I hurry back to Diamond Star as I pulled Josh and Anna into an emergency meeting. I explained to them what Leona and I spoke about, I told them about her helping me out..

"Do we believe her?" Says Josh.

"This just seems so unreal, why does she want to help you? She don't even know you properly" Says Anna.

"Should I do it?" I sigh.

"It just may set things straight" Says Anna.

"It just may.. but it will also bring to light a lot of secrets" I say.

"We'll have to explain about Martinez.. she was the only reason we were in that mess in the first place" Says Anna.

"Not just that.. we have to tell them about you too, Anna.." I say as I look at her.

"We'll all have to confess won't we?" Says Anna.

"This is the only way I see" I say.

"You're right Kate. This is the only way we can get over this incident. I'm not afraid of the consequences. I'll help you anyway I can" Says Anna as she sighed.

"We tried to forget what happened but this just reminds us it's still there, people keep on pushing us to talk about it. But don't worry Anna, I won't let anything happen to you. You only did those terrible things because you were manipulated to do so. You were doing what Martinez told you to do" I say.

"We are with you Kate" Says Josh.

"Thanks Josh" I say as I smiled at him.

"Believe in yourself Kate, it's the only way all of this will disappear. That incident will always haunt you so why not explain what went on?" Says Josh.

"I can do that, I'll need to talk to Jane first" I say.

"Please don't tell me you need permission from Jane?" Says Anna as she raised her eyebrow.

"Hell no, I just need to explain to her what I'm going to do. It's Jane, she doesn't go by logic" I sigh.

"Good luck" Says Anna.

"Good luck indeed" Says Josh

...................

6:45 PM, Jane Connor's Suite

"Hell no!" Yelled Jane.

"Don't be so dramatic" I say.

"You're telling them nothing, this is character defamation. It is quite illegal and their ass will be sued for all they goddamn have!" Yelled Jane.

"It's already out there in the open Jane, hundred's of people have seen, it will never disappear. It happened and it cannot be unseen. What part of that do you not understand" I yell.

"You are not doing it and that is final" She commanded as she walked into the kitchen.

I then walked after her.

"Yo Jane" I say as she turned around.

I then grabbed her shirt as I slammed her against the fridge.