Chapter 42

Jane's Pov

Kate... what has gotten into you all of a sudden....

Martinez then went ahead and poured herself a drink as I stand there confused.

"Ms. Connor. Can I speak with you" Says Taylor bringing me out of my thoughts.

"Sure Taylor" I say to him.

"It's not my place to say this but I'm afraid I must speak my mind" Says Taylor.

"What's going on Taylor?" I ask.

"On my way over here I passed Martinez who was just going out of the building. I entered the building to find a security guard beating up Kate... in other words Martinez saw this happening and didn't intervene... my interpretation is she had something to do with the guards beating Kate up" Says Taylor as my eyes widen.

"Martinez!" I yell.

"You just walked away without helping Kate?" I asked confused.

"I had a meeting to attend. I'm afraid time as of the essence" Says Martinez as she continued to drink the whiskey.

"You didn't help her..." I say as as my voice breaks.

"Was I supposed to?" She asks.

"Get the fuck out of my apartment" I saw as my body began to tremble.

"You're not serious" She says laughing.

"Get the hell out of here before I hurt you" I yell at the top of my lungs.

"You'd put that kid above me?" Says Martinez as she put the glass down.

"Any fucking day" I say looking her dead in the eye.

She then laughed as she walked out. Every ounce of my being wanted to hurt her. How could she do something like that? Who the hell does she think she is?

"Ms. Connor. Kate is in no condition to be roaming around in her condition" Says Taylor. I then run to the elevator to find her. Baby where have you gone? I'm so sorry.

Kate's Pov

I didn't want to stay there, I ran. I didn't know where I was going but I ran as fast as I could. I'm sorry Jane. I've never had an outburst like that in my life. I stopped running because I was out of breath.

"Kate!" A voice yelled. I turn around to find Anna and Adelyn behind me.

"Did you get into a fight? What's going on?" Asked Adelyn with a worried look on her face.

Adelyn how is it you always find me? You're almost like a stalker.

"What are you two doing here?" I ask.

"The gang is meeting up at this bar, we completed the drafts so we're celebrating" Says Anna.

"So meeting you here is a coincidence?" I say looking at Adelyn.

"It would seem so, are you okay?" Asked Adelyn.

"I'm fine. Just needed some air" I say to them.

"Come inside. You look like you could use a drink" Says Adelyn.

"I'm afraid I'll have to decline" I say as she smile.

"No need to be so bashful Kate" Says Adelyn.

"I'm really not" I say annoyed.

"Kate!!!!" A loud voice yelled. I then notice Josh walking out the bar.

"I knew it was you. I saw you from inside. Have you come to join us?" Says Josh.