I hope he was going to be alright.

"More wood! I like my meat well done!" Iron Baron yelled. "I've never eaten Wind Dragon. I hope it doesn't blow."

He chuckled at his pun before walking off, spewing more air related puns, until it was time before the Wind dragon was going to be cooked.
I did feel a little bad for it, but we're mortal enemies so I wasn't that sad for it.
I watched as the ninja were chained near a rock a little ways from where the feast was being held, then watched as the hunter hung the keys nearby.

"Iron Baron provides for you, and all I ask in return is your undying loyalty." Iron Baron explained, holding a flaming torch. "Obey my commands, and your belly will be full. Defy me-"
Something flew up in front of the moon, it looked like a dragon but smaller.

'That's Wu then.' I said, starting to walk near to where the keys had been hung up, discreetly slipping them up my sleeve as everyone stared at the silhouette.
"Dragon." Iron Baron breathed as he saw the silhouette, everyone repeating the word like a chain reaction until the 'dragon' breathed fire.

"Fire dragon!"

It went into a frenzy as everyone rushed to grab weapons, ready to hunt, before electricity sparked from the 'dragon'.
"It's the mother of all dragons!" Kai said loudly.
"Oh no! Why would Firstbourne come here?" Jay agreed, following suit.
"Um, yes! She's come here to protect her wind dragon!" Zane added.

"It is Firstbourne!" Someone cried, before all of the hunters got ready to hunt it down.
"Positions! Get back!" Iron Baron yelled.

'I hope Wu will be alright.' I thought as I was about to head to the ninja's before feeling a hand on my shoulder.
I stiffened before noticing it was Cole and breathed a sigh of relief. "Don't scare me like that."
"Sorry. Did you find the keys?" He asked.

I nodded, slipping the keys out of my sleeve before we walked over to the ninja, unlocking the chains.
"About time." Kai said.
"Now let's get out of this nut house." Jay said as they stood up before we went to find an exit.
Running out we paused and looked up to the sky, seeing a large dragon silhouette in front of the moon.

'Huh...it looks bigger.'
"Wow, little Wu's really selling it." Jay said.
"You two built that?" Kai asked.
"Huh, it looks bigger in the air." Cole said in confusion, looking at me.
I nodded. "It does." I agreed before we heard a crash from behind us.

We all froze and turned around to see Wu climb out of a wrecked mech, looking dizzy.
"Wait! If that's that, then who's-" Cole started before Zane cut him off.
"It's the real Firstbourne!"

I felt my heart stop and blood run cold as he said that before there was a bright light in my vision.
I felt myself being roughly pulled to the ground as a ball of fire soared over our heads and into a tent before being pulled back up and running away as more fireballs were attacking the camp.
As I ran I felt something weird in my mind, like something was trying to get through.

'You shouldn't be on this land, Oni. Did you forget the promise?' A familiar voice said in my head.
I froze, stumbling, bumping into whoever was in front of me, as I tried to focus on the voice and getting out of the camp.
'I know! I'm sorry! It was an accident!' I thought as we ran.

'You broke the promise set centuries ago, just to say it was an accident?' Firstbourne asked with a growl in her voice.
'Look, I didn't mean to come here, I know I'm not supposed to be back home, just ended up here!' I thought.

'That's not good enough.' She replied before I felt a warmth near my back, barley missing a fireball.

"There's an exit!" Kai pointed out as we got closer.
"Wait! Firstbourne's here because of the dragons, we should help!" Wu said in concern.
"It's going to kill us if we don't get out of here!" Jay cried.
"But you helped us lure it in!" Wu stated.
"Yeah because we were forced to!"

"Little Master's right! We have to go back." Cole replied.
"But what about the exit?!" Kai asked.
"You guys get the dragons out of here, I'll stay at the exit with Wu." I said, not wanting to go back in there. "We'll be alright."

They looked between each other before nodding, running off to help the dragons.

Wu and I sat down near the exit, but at a place where we could hide ourselves in case a hunter came by.
"You alright (Y/n)?" Wu asked. "You look pale..."
I looked at him, who had a confused look in his eye, and nodded. "Yeah...I'm fine."

As soon as the words slipped out of my mouth, another fireball was sent our way.

We screamed, Wu jumping into my arms as I activated a force field to protect us from the fireball.
We were quiet as the shock wore off, both of us panting heavily and looking at each other with wide eyes as I deactivated the force field.
"How did you do that? What kind of power was that?" Wu asked and I hesitated.

Thankfully the ninja came around the corner.

"Come on! Let's get out of here!" Jay said before pausing. "Wo, you guys alright?"
"Yeah, we're fine. Let's get out of here." Wu said, standing up.
I stood up and stretched. "Great, now I can get out of this."

I changed out of my disguise as a hunter, back to my usual persona.
"I forgot that you can do that." Kai commented.
I shrugged. "Let's just go before they notice."

And then we left, not noticing a pair of eyes watching us as we ran as far as we could from that place.

Word count: 1645 words